Type 2 Ka-Mi - Dragon 1/35

This time is the little Japanese tank. It is very interesting construction as due to huge amount of islands Japanese Army wanted to have a tank which can easily float between them. Do not think it have any chance against the Sherman, but as the infantry support must be a great idea. 

qW0ltrUw00K93f3VcSwwrfIF5Ae74859nHxojRHU

9aqeaQ7IScil-EOCEM8ExKvLGsCrR5OKSgoYQ3bu

xuCcs-PJ7CPcoJbMpX0-EFerAld6yLBR1plgNqtm

iHyRz5evncS_qNCjybVUJsU44zURrTp2aU_jlzNO

QfppWijfF7JhS59OY1Bx6nNdb0XbD1bV8_J62iTw

otHvDfiyInB_eNR3SDCo9MuGyaAoOyxvOg76A72y

6qKleMKqPPKwH38D5InVaYoUYm1Wnmcba29-yYFT

56znBLnZ-BL9LALC3V5_ZKufvadx4OKsy_eUDv93

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

That really is superb Kris! Stunning weathering and finish. I have often seen this kit in model shops and not given it a second glance but, having seen your beautiful build, I think I am going to have to buy one! Great stuff! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Cheers lads. 

Plastix it is really nice kit. There is a version with float tanks as well. 

I've bought the Spade Ace metal tracks for it, but the quality was very poor, and they looked worse then the dragon DS tracks. So I am not recommended them. 

• Thanks 1

Outstanding model building,this one looks a real treat,I have for years wanted to build the Un Type 2 Ka-Mi kit from Dragon(No6712) in 1/35,with the float pontoons, have seen some in 1/72,not the size I want, but have never been able to buy one ,seen it in the U.S.A but it is so pricey for me to get shipped to OZ,you have given me some inspiration to give this kit a go, Read the Japanese only built 184 from 1942 and it had a top speed of 10Km/h,Cheers.

Cheers lads. 

Jim, I've seen the photo as the tank come out of the water and just dropped the pontoons - sort of like on the photo below. Nice idea for little diorama. 

Type2-05.pgww2.jpg

Edited by Kris B
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kris B said:

Cheers lads. 

Jim, I've seen the photo as the tank come out of the water and just dropped the pontoons - sort of like on the photo below. Nice idea for little diorama. 

Type2-05.pgww2.jpg

Thanks Kris,I did not know they dropped the pontoons,goes to figure,who's a dummy,Cheers.

Even better Jim. They were doing it from the inside without coming out of the tank. Those crab clamps (I do not know the proper name) on the front and the back was for holding the pontoons.