F4U-5N Corsair 2nd Attack Sqn Argentine Naval Aviation.

Threadbear

My project for this group build will be Hasegawa’s F4U-5N Corsair in the colours of the Argentine Navy, 2nd Attack Squadron. Argentina used Corsairs for around 10 years retiring them in the mid 1960s when they were painted in very light gull grey/white scheme. There is evidence of them flying off ARA “Independecia” which had been HMS “Warrior”. The Corsairs were used in action during an attempted Army coup, attacking Army targets. 

I will using in addition to kit JT75, Aztec Decals, True Details wheels, Quickboost gun barrels and Eduard Superfabric WW2 USN seatbelts. Some initial photos. 

F4U-5N CorsairF4U-5N CorsairF4U-5N CorsairF4U-5N Corsair

Thanks for looking. 

Grahame. 

Edited by Threadbear
  • Like 7

welcome aboard Grahame, a nice model you've chosen with some nice extras as well.

From the Department of Australian Cultural Affairs (:D), it's nice to see a Corsair in a different colour scheme than usual.

Well good luck with the build, it looks like you're going to have some fun with this build, look forward to seeing her in the galley

Actually getting the bent wing bird finished will be an achievement in itself! However it should be pretty straightforward. I have a penchant for South American air arms and Aztec Decals are fantastic. 

Finally made a start on the Corsair. Assembled the engine, cleaned up the cockpit components, removing the moulded on harness from the seat. Drilled out the holes for the rocket stubs and exhaust glare shields. I also sanded down the forward fuselage mould join. I trail fitted the wings and there was a gap around the wheel well sides. So to box in, I added 0.40 x 0.40 strip around the wells and when set will be sanded to fit. 

F4U-5N Corsair.

F4U-5N Corsair.F4U-5N Corsair.

F4U-5N Corsair.

F4U-5N Corsair.

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 7:05 AM, Threadbear said:

Am away next week, so there will be no progress for a week or so. 

Come on you must be back by now !

Can you let everyone know how you are getting on, did all the extra goodies fit ? :jump_fire:

cheers Pat

To be honest this has ground to halt, I am away again, will post an update soon! It’s the kick up the @*!€ I needed!

Edited by Threadbear