Any person recognize this body ?? Leyland Retriever

Mancunian airman

Hi all

For those of just interested in softskin vehicles then I believe its a case of trying to build what variations of a particular type that we can.

I have had this GS  body on the back of the Leyland Retriever for some time but what I would like to ask is . . .

'Does anybody recognise the piece and who may have produced it ?'

I have a couple of said kits from Revell and would like to get a couple of the conversion bodies to build. It may even be so old that its OOP ?

Any help, as always appreciated.

40885165652_7ef784618c_z.jpg

39117287040_c058d51bf2_z.jpg

rgds

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

A GS body on a Matchbox Retriever.  Matador Models do a good G.S. in resin already.  Check their website.  You might consider a repaint while you are at it, that model is a bit off for authenticity of colours and scheme.  It is an attempt at MTP.46 that just isn't it.

• 4 months later...

Its been a while . . .

I tried matador models, sent off a cheque which they say they will not 'cash' until items are ready . . . cheque CANX  got sick of waiting.

Tried the S&S site and despite their notification that the GS body would be soon available, I got tired of waiting !!

Anybody, know of ANYBODY that can produce the GS body as a conversion piece for the Matchbox/Revell Leyland Retreiver lorry  ?????

Edited by Mancunian airman

Not sure about the exact size, but a conversion from the Airfix Matador would be my first thought.  Gramodels do Bedford and ERF GS trucks so might sell you a body separately.  Similarly SHQ do a Bedford GS.  Wee Friends on Facebook might be worth checking, but I can't find one: I think they are still re-assessing their range.  Milicast do a whole range of various GS trucks but no conversions.  The prewar 6x4s are generally not covered because of the Matchbox Retriever.

One point to bear in mind however is that the examples quoted above are all flatbed (I believe) whereas the Retriever GS had a well-type body.  There were a lot of Retriever bodies so I can't be certain that flatbeds didn't exist.  Converting a (for example) Matador body to a well-type would be possible, or just fake it, and certainly easier than for a resin body (or at least I'd be more comfortable with the material).  I can't think offhand of a well-type GS body that is available, and surely not one in injected plastic.

OK, Milicast do a Leyland Terrier and also an Austin K3/YF - I think the latter has a well-type body.

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, Mancunian airman said:

Its been a while . . .

I tried matador models, sent off a cheque which they say they will not 'cash' until items are ready . . . cheque CANX  got sick of waiting.

Tried the S&S site and despite their notification that the GS body would be soon available, I got tired of waiting !!

Anybody, know of ANYBODY that can produce the GS body as a conversion piece for the Matchbox/Revell Leyland Retreiver lorry  ?????

hi mancunian

email me

[email protected]

and i will sort you out a leyland gs body, not released it for general sale as yet

thanks

s&s models

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1