Revell (Matchbox) Hawker Fury Mk.I 1/72

A stunning build.  The contrast between the fabric and metal panels is spot on and the rigging looks superb.  Just one point though, that's No.1 Squadron, no No.43. 

• Like 2

Absolutely wonderful build and the best 72nd Fury I have ever seen - actually one of the nicest Furies I have seen full stop!

And nice to see you kept the yellow flight colour instead of changing it to blue, etc. I've argued this before here at BM many moons ago I think ;)

• Like 1

Hi Tomo,

it has all been said already, so Congrats will have to suffice!

I built this kit eons ago, and I was looking at it only this morning, really liking all the efforts I had put into it. Well, the liking has just stopped after looking at your photos! 

Damn!!!

Congrats again!

JR

• Like 1

Thank you very much for you kind comments.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, perdu said:

I put a thanks Tomo

Sincerely thanks for letting us enjoy this with you

Will it be on the revised timetable club table this weekend?

I still need to know whether it was the Covered Wagon or one of the almost legendary dens of iniquity in the Village, t'other day

It was one of the other den's of iniquity Bill the Wagon has less atmosphere than the moon on a rainy Sunday afternoon in mid-winter.

Is there a completion table at the revised meeting alongside the charity table? Are you going? Not sure if I can make it or how many other members will be there because of that pesky white stuff.

20 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Beautiful. Nothing more to add!

Hmm, Airfix Bulldog....... no, stop!

Ian

Very tempting. I have a few more kits in the stash further up the to do list, but I do fancy the Bulldog. I will pick one up at the next show I go to.

8 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A stunning build.  The contrast between the fabric and metal panels is spot on and the rigging looks superb.  Just one point though, that's No.1 Squadron, no No.43. 

I stand corrected sir it is No.1 Squadron.

8 hours ago, Smithy said:

Absolutely wonderful build and the best 72nd Fury I have ever seen - actually one of the nicest Furies I have seen full stop!

And nice to see you kept the yellow flight colour instead of changing it to blue, etc. I've argued this before here at BM many moons ago I think ;)

Interesting point. I think it's because they are using black and white references pictures, but most I've seen are yellow.

Once again thanks for the compliments

• Like 1

A beautiful build and really brings out the delicacy and detail of the interwar biplanes. The Fury was one of Matchbox's best kits.

One point only, the red bars were the No 1 Squadron marking. 43 used black and white checks, or in some cases black and silver. Hope you do not mind me saying so and it in noway detracts from a superlative model. 

• Like 1

Without studying all the posts in this thread in detail, I think it is pretty safe to assume that the reservoir of complimenting, more complimenting, most complimenting, and most probably even the mostest complimenting words available in English vocabulary has been expended already. So I switch to my mother tongue for a while. Klobouk dolů, Tomo.

Patrik

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Klobouk dolů,

Thank you Patrik. I will have a Pilsner on you.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, Mr T said:

One point only, the red bars were the No 1 Squadron marking. 43 used black and white checks, or in some cases black and silver

No worries (who am I to argue with Mr T...gulp), a poster above pointed it out too. It is down to Revell's notorious dodgy call outs, along with the wrong prop colour amongst other things. It is indeed No.1 Squadron. I have since added a base and name card:

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Thank you Patrik. I will have a Pilsner on you.

No worries (who am I to argue with Mr T...gulp), a poster above pointed it out too. It is down to Revell's notorious dodgy call outs, along with the wrong prop colour amongst other things. It is indeed No.1 Squadron. I have since added a base and name card:

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

Sorry to disillusion you, but alas I am not like the original Mr T. It was what my secretary and the receptionist at work used to call me. Your Fury looks even better on a base. 

• Like 1

I am puzzled by your built. I followed your work-in-progress with this kit and you amazed me with some of your techniques applied here.

I must emphasize the excellent windscreen and telescopic gun sight among many great details.

On the other hand, while showing such exquisite skills you made the holes for exhaust pretty unevenly and most of all, if my eyes are not lying to me,

what bothers me the most is misalignment of undercarriage which pushed the wings out of order in relation to surface.

How is that possible after all the tremendous effort you invested here?