1/144 Laker Skytrain Mcdonnell Douglas DC10-30 conversion from EE MD11

I'm off for a lie down now.

No wonder you've been quiet of late Ian.  That's an absolute stunner Mate  The second best livery ever seen on a DC-10.

Hats off to you with that one Ian.

Chris.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Everyone loves a Skytrain!

Jeff, I did feel a bit miffed but it's quite satisfying to have done the conversion though. I'm glad I got it finished before they released theirs otherwise I probably wouldn't have finished it. Don't know which version they are going to do either.

Chris, I promise I'll do my next in the best livery ever seen on a DC10!

I forgot to mention I'm doing a Gatwick Handling tug to go with this one, I'll update the pics when it's finished.

Cheers,

Ian

5 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Chris, I promise I'll do my next in the best livery ever seen on a DC10!

I forgot to mention I'm doing a Gatwick Handling tug to go with this one, I'll update the pics when it's finished.

Cheers,

Ian

I hope we're both talking about the same thing here Ian.  Something from the Far East I hope?

Will look out for the tug when push-back is approved.

Chris.

Wonderful work Ian, congratulations on such a fantastic result. :clap2:   Your "taxiway" shots remind me of spotting at Prestwick circa 1980 although before anyone points it out I know Laker normally used the DC-10-10 from Scotland.

I am very definitely not a fan of the EE MD11 but it's amazing what can be done with it in the right hands.  

Thanks for sharing.

Dave G

Wow, what an astonishing piece of work! It looks absolutely right on, those engines & pylons in particular.

Brilliant work Ian. Do me a favour - rework a Minicraft 757 into something that looks like a 757 - it'll be bound to get Zvezda to release a state of the art model once you are half way through!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Very, very nice work. Remember them at Gatwick....but I am not so sure about the registration marks on your model.... I don't ever recalll G-BGXH..?  

EDIT: One I missed, just checked it out. I only ever saw the older ones.

Thanks for the positive comments everybody!

15 hours ago, stringbag said:

Something from the Far East I hope?

Yes it's definitely from the Far East Chris! You never know you might beat me to it though!

6 hours ago, Viking said:

Wow, what an astonishing piece of work! It looks absolutely right on, those engines & pylons in particular.

Brilliant work Ian. Do me a favour - rework a Minicraft 757 into something that looks like a 757 - it'll be bound to get Zvezda to release a state of the art model once you are half way through!

Cheers

John

Cheers John, I'm quite pleased with the way the engines have come out too. I really like the look of Mr Metal Color aluminium especially after it's been polished.B)

As it happens I am working on an old Minicraft 757 at the moment. Just need to paint it and scratch build some steps. Then we'll have to see what Zvezda come up with.:)

6 hours ago, Paul J said:

I don't ever recalll G-BGXH..?

Yes Paul, I think this was one they operated towards the end.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/G-BGXH

Cheers,

Ian

3 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Yes it's definitely from the Far East Chris! You never know you might beat me to it though!

Cheers,

Ian

Stranger things have happened Ian. You never know.

Chris

On 20/03/2018 at 5:57 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

Wow, great model Ian and well done on the conversion.

How did you feel when you learnt a DC-10 was being released later? I think I'd have cried!!

Jeff 

Are EE doing a DC-10??

Thanks for all the compliments everyone I really appreciate it!

On 21/03/2018 at 5:39 PM, mitchem said:

(Far East colour scheme is rather good but I'm still rather partial to the African one !)

Mike, do you mean ASA or Air Afrique? They are both nice, the ASA aircraft is also a late model so you could do this conversion yourself! 

On 21/03/2018 at 6:00 PM, stringbag said:

Stranger things have happened Ian. You never know.

Mmm....could we have a possible RFI entry in the near future Chris? What's the saying.....expect the unexpected!

23 hours ago, woody37 said:

Absolutely gorgeous Ian, great conversion and in the BEST scheme too! Don’t know what Chris is talking about :P

Thanks Neil, I know you like a conversion yourself!

I think they're both great liveries so I'm not taking sides on this one:argue:

23 hours ago, Vlamgat9 said:

Are EE doing a DC-10??

Apparently they are Vlamgat9. Although I can't find anything on the web about it anymore but Jeff knows about it too so I can't have dreamt it!

Cheers,

Ian