P-61 Black Widow.

8 minutes ago, glatisant said:

Looks good to me. Canopies-I just get them masked,painted and installed and worry about it afterwards. Especially on aircraft with lots of clear panels. Great build.

Thank you.

I think I might adopt that approach, it's just not worth the stress. :D

• Like 1

I built my first aircraft last year, not counting the ones I did as a schoolboy, just because I fancied trying it and not thinking it would become so addictive. 

Me too. 15 months on and I've built nearly 20 with a stash of maybe 20 more! The one-a-week frenzy has calmed down a bit now though. Build time is currently running at about 4 weeks per plane.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Me too. 15 months on and I've built nearly 20 with a stash of maybe 20 more! The one-a-week frenzy has calmed down a bit now though. Build time is currently running at about 4 weeks per plane.

My problem is where to put them when they're finished! 

Excellent build!!

:goodjob:

The aircraft itself looks very cool to me, so I'm very interested in this kit - it's my preferred scale and (I imagine) is cleanly and fairly precisely moulded - being a Hobbyboss kit.

You have certainly tamed the black finish well - avoiding any of that monotone look, which is a big part of the challenge.

Well done!

3 minutes ago, kapam said:

Excellent build!!

:goodjob:

The aircraft itself looks very cool to me, so I'm very interested in this kit - it's my preferred scale and (I imagine) is cleanly and fairly precisely moulded - being a Hobbyboss kit.

You have certainly tamed the black finish well - avoiding any of that monotone look, which is a big part of the challenge.

Well done!

Thanks very much.

I have plans for another "black build", I'm thinking of tweaking my technique a little bit but not too much. Watch this space. :winkgrin:

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Very nice indeed.  It may be childish of me but I like a warbird that looks proper 'ard and that puppy looks like it could be an enforcer for the Kray twins.

Lol, thank you. Yep, it doesn't look like a plane to mess with. 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billn53 said:

Great job! I trust you enjoyed building this kit as much as I did. 

:clap:

Thank you Bill.

Yes, it was a nice kit to build, so much so I'm considering getting another to paint in the green paint scheme. :D