Harrier GR.7/9 colours

twp1

Are there are direct Tamiya equivalent colours to the following humbrol for a Harrier GR.7/9;

-156 Dark Camouflage Grey

-164 Dark Sea Grey 

-165 Medium Sea Grey

-167 Barley Grey

Hi,

This is a question that often gets asked in the modelling community. But as a basic answer to your question no I don’t think there is an official equivalence to the colours you are after. 

The best solution I have come across is the IPMS Stockholm colour chart Linky here.

Their Tamiya equivalents are:

DCG = ????

DSG = XF-24

MSG = XF-53

Barley Grey = ???

Just to add to your confusion the ImodelKit app on iPhone gives the following:

DCG = XF-53

DSG = XF-77

MSG = XF-75

Barley Grey = XF-75

I hope this helps a bit

Neal

28 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

don't recall hairrers ever using barely grey 167, do you mean Light Aircaft Grey 166

Op Warden GR7's were given an overall Barley Grey ARTF finish over their original two tone green scheme.

• Like 1

The new Humbrol enamel paint and conversion charts given away with the last AMW gives:

Are there are direct Tamiya equivalent colours to the following humbrol for a Harrier GR.7/9;

-156 Dark Camouflage Grey > XF53

-164 Dark Sea Grey > XF24

-165 Medium Sea Grey > No match given, but XF12 is given as a match for Humbrol 64 Light Grey, which is their non-satin MSG

-167 Barley Grey > XF19

Which again, all adds confusion when compared to the matches provided above; but, I hope it helps, a bit.

Good luck

Nick

Edited by NG899

10 hours ago, twp1 said:

-156 Dark Camouflage Grey

-164 Dark Sea Grey 

-165 Medium Sea Grey

-167 Barley Grey

Given that your location is UK based, why not just get Gunze colors? They're readily available, cheap, and have virtually the entire modern RAF line. And quite accurate as well, the exception perhaps being MSG which is a bit blue-ish. Tamiya XF-83 is MSG from WW2 which from what I've read is the same as the one used now (please correct me if I'm wrong).