Marder II Early Production interior colours

lesthegringo

Guys, my son's doing the Dragon Marder II in a what looks to be a desert scheme of green and brown blotches over a sandy dark yellow colour. From the box art and the painting guide it looks like all the undercarriage and running gear are painted the dark yellow base colour, but there is no callout for the basic interior colour. There is a rudimentary interior that also lacks painting guides, other than the engine and transmission but the seat, pedals and levers are not detailed.

Would it be correct for it all to be painted in the dark yellow colour, or would they have used white or light grey on the interior?

Cheers

Les

Dark yellow is not the desert scheme; that would be the European base colour after the switch from Panzer Grey.  The last time I built a Marder (Esci, 1980 ish) I did the inner casemate yellow, inner hull white.  I don't have any of my reference books any more, but that was the recommended scheme at the time.

Edited by Chillidragon

The casement likely refers to the fighting compartment.

Tough call to make as these vehicles were made both before and after the February 1943 switch over to base dark yellow paint.  If indeed the outside is painted dark yellow at the factory, then so should the interior of the fighting compartment.   The hulls or chasiss are from regular tank production, so the provided link gives a pretty thorough outline of how interiors would have been painted:

http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/index.html

regards,

Jack