Colours of FOST Dauphins?

Pat C

Would anyone know what the red and blue of the Dauphins operated by FOST were? On the blue one the blue looks darker than the blue of the roundel. On the red one the red looks lighter than the red of the roundel so I was thinking Signal Red but grateful for your views!

Pat

The red was Bond's colour so not sure what shade.

I have seen the blue reported as 'Royal Blue'

Not the most helpful of replies but hopefully a starting point.

Looking at pics of ZJ164 and in some she looks almost French blue. The background colours in the photo look normal so wonder if she was later repainted in the darker shade.?

The roundel colour in the first photo reminds me of the Skyraider AEW1.

AS365N%252520Dauphin%2525202%252520Plymo1502825-large.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yes it does look like two different paint jobs doesn't it. I had spotted that in some shots the roundel is exactly as you said similar to the Skyraider AEWs. Could the bottom one be Oxford Blue? 

pat 

The 365's came to my old work in east Cornwall to be painted the later dark blue, berry possible Oxford Blue. As per the second photo, couldn't tell you the spec though. British International engineers stripped and re-assembled them so I had nothing to do with them.

Scimitar is right though re the red one, it was an old Bond machine so would have carried the red livery of Bond Offshore. I'll ask a guy at work tomorrow as he's ex BIH.

The Woo.

• Thanks 2

Many thanks Woo  - have searched online to see what red Bond Offshore used but to no avail. Looks the company has been swallowed up by Babcock so probably asking the company is likely to draw a blank as well. Why are the needs of modellers not considered in corporate takeovers????!!!!! :lol:

• Haha 2