Old noob from Bristol

Loach

Hi Every one,

I do hope every one in the Britmodeller interwebs is well.

In good form I shall introduce myself. 

I modelled in the 80s and early 90s as a youngling and teen, I modelled everything from Tanks (WW2 & modern) to sci-fi and aircraft... in that order.

I did catch and love the very beginning of the photo-etch revolution. I owned a proxxon compressor and badger airbrush...... life was very good! 

Eventually I grew up and modelling somewhat disappeared from my life.

I worked for a living and I did everything grown ups do.

However modelling never disappeared. I always bought the odd "dirty" model mag here and there and I did this almost constantly whenever I could.

I worked globally, and sometimes I even bought incredible foreign model mags before catching my flight. I had no idea of what the text said, but the work in process photos and the end models were just beautiful. I stared at the photos for hours.

It was obvious through UK/American mags that the modelling world was exploding through the expansion of the accessory market and it all looked extremely good to me!

I never modelled but I always bought tools and models.

So now after the long years of expense, I have finally started using my hands and working the glorious plastic and enjoying the beautiful airbrush.

My tastes have matured and changed quite dramatically; helicopters are awesome (aircraft, high end finish...oooofffff), Sci-Fi (any thing goes) and modern troop/transport vehicles (why?... why do troop/transport vehicles look so good to me now?).

Hi guys,

I am Loach, named after my favourite chopper.

Edited by Loach
  • Like 3

Hello Loach ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago USA. I happen to think the Loach or officially the OH-6 Cayuse is one of my favorite Helo’s. Im mostly an aircraft builder but stick with fixed wings. My sausage fingers and ham fists just dont do well with rotor blades. Hope to see your work soon. 

Dennis