Hello from Spain

Juanca Fernandez

1. Hi, hobby mates.

My name is Juan Carlos (Juanca in short form). I am a 54 years old spaniard. I build kits since I was seven. My favourite 
    subjects are airplanes (until 1945) in 1/48th scale and military vehicles (specially soft skinned and AFV's, the same period) 
    in 1/35. I like ships and figures as well but have no time for all.

I treasure about two hundreds unbuilt kits in my stash (they stare at me with hungry eyes) and of course I purchase every new 
    release I think it worths. Very fan of new techniques I pay attention to materials, so I always keep an eye over new brands of paints, pigments, PE sets, resins, masks...and everything that can give us some help in this hobby. A kit never seems to be 
    complete, and I have not enough aftermarkets.

Thank you in advance for your welcome. I will post my latest work soon.

Regards from Spain. Tally Ho! :)

Edited by Juanca Fernandez

Buenas Tardes / Noches Juan...Welcome to BM, where do you live ? I used to live in Torrevieja and Calpe , Valenciana Comunidad Costa Blanca and work in Moraira and Calpe.

See there was snow in parts of Spain .. We had some down in Calpe and Altea area 2002.

Edited by bzn20

Welcome aboard Juan! 

You are a similar age to myself- what Kits did you build back in the 70's and '80s?

Matchbox and Airfix for me - what kits were popular / available in Spain?  

20 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Buenas Tardes / Noches Juan...Welcome to BM, where do you live ? I used to live in Torrevieja and Calpe , Valenciana Comunidad Costa Blanca and work in Moraira and Calpe.

See there was snow in parts of Spain .. We had some down in Calpe and Altea area 2002.

Hi, friend.

I live in a small town in the south of Spain, near Gibraltar (about 15 kms). Near from the wonderful beaches of Tarifa as well. It's a sunny but high windy area, a lovely place if you are a surfer and rainy in winter/Spring. Also near os Granada with Sierra Nevada and its ski resorts.

This winter cold reached -15° in some places of middle and northern Spain and snow almost everywhere.

Nice to meet you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Troffa said:

Welcome aboard Juan! 

You are a similar age to myself- what Kits did you build back in the 70's and '80s?

Matchbox and Airfix for me - what kits were popular / available in Spain?  

Hi, Troffa. Thx for your welcome!

My first kit was a Bf-109E from Heller. Unforgettable. Soon after came that wonderful Airfix kits. And Matchbox of course: I still have a lovely Handley Page Heyford in his box (recently re-released by Revell, I believe). 

Maybe you built FROG or Lindbergh as well.

Nice times, when we built without concerns about color accuracy haha.

Regards

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hola Juanca ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago USA. I to enjoy Aircraft and some Armor though my Range is 1935 to present. I have done one WW one Bi-plane. I am looking forward to seeing your work soon. 

Dennis

Hi, Dennis. Thx for your welcome. 

Next summer I will go to the USA (NY) on holidays and I want yo visit the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in Washington. 

Greetings

• Like 2

Hola y Buenos dias, Juanca, como esta usted? :welcome: to Britmodeller, my name Joseph Louis Puente(in Mexico, my dad's place of birth, Jose Luis Puente Walker). Unfortunately, my Spanish is nowhere near as good as your English. As you can tell, I am of Spanish(I know that I have family in Satander) and English/Scot blood. We all speak "Modeller" here. I was born and raised in the Chicago, Illinois area; and, now live in the SE Wisconsin area. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. You will find the people here are the greatest. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

5 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

Hola y Buenos dias, Juanca, como esta usted? :welcome: to Britmodeller, my name Joseph Louis Puente(in Mexico, my dad's place of birth, Jose Luis Puente Walker). Unfortunately, my Spanish is nowhere near as good as your English. As you can tell, I am of Spanish(I know that I have family in Satander) and English/Scot blood. We all speak "Modeller" here. I was born and raised in the Chicago, Illinois area; and, now live in the SE Wisconsin area. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. You will find the people here are the greatest. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Wow, nice mix!! Pleased to meet you, Jose Luis. If you live in Wisconsin I suppose you are near from Oshkosh Air Show, aren't you? A friend of mine was there and he told me the show is really g-r-e-a-t. Maybe one day....

Thanks for your welcome

Regards

Bienvenidos al sitio, Juanca! Es un buen sitio y hay muchas personas que tienien conocimiento sobres las maquetas. Me interesa los aviones sovieticos, especialmente los de la Segunda Guerra Mundial. I hope you can understand my school (University) Spanish!

Saludos,

Jason (vivo en el sur de Tejas, y naci en San Antonio)

And, I am very pleased to meet you, Juanca. Yes, Oshkosh is about 120mi./200km north of where I live, about a 2 hour drive. It is a big event here in Wis.; and, is always a news event when it is staged. Wisconsin is also noted for its beers(there are a large variety of small brewers in the state), and cheese.

Joe

21 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

And, I am very pleased to meet you, Juanca. Yes, Oshkosh is about 120mi./200km north of where I live, about a 2 hour drive. It is a big event here in Wis.; and, is always a news event when it is staged. Wisconsin is also noted for its beers(there are a large variety of small brewers in the state), and cheese.

Joe

Three great reasons to visit Wisconsin:  aircrafts, beer & cheese. I love them all.:yes:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Learstang said:

Bienvenidos al sitio, Juanca! Es un buen sitio y hay muchas personas que tienien conocimiento sobres las maquetas. Me interesa los aviones sovieticos, especialmente los de la Segunda Guerra Mundial. I hope you can understand my school (University) Spanish!

Saludos,

Jason (vivo en el sur de Tejas, y naci en San Antonio)

Hi, Jason.

Your spanish is quite good ;)

Also, mi favourite aircrafts of WW2 are the soviets! I'll just tell you I have eight I-16 in 1/48th scale and one in 1/32 (new tool from ICM). One of them will be the "Mosca" type 5 of Frank Tinker, an American mercenary pilot who fought on the Republican side of the Spanish Civil War and whose story is fascinating (likely you know it)

More things: my favorite team of the NBA is the Spurs, I am very fond of basketball. I hope you didn't change Spurs for Mavs or Rockets haha.

Un cordial saludo

JC

• Like 1

Gracias! Tu ingles es bueno. Y amo los Spurs! Siempre! Los Mavericks y los Rockets, nunca! I didn't realise Frank Tinker flew the Mosca; I have a model of the I-15 he flew (one of these days I need to buy his book and read it). That's one of the things that got me interested in Soviet aircraft was reading about their use during the Spanish Civil War. Tengo muchos maquetas/modelos de los aviones de la Guerra Civil Espanola. La Guerra era muy interesante y muy tragico, tambien.

Saludos,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Un cambio muy pequeno.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Learstang said:

Gracias! Tu ingles es bueno. Y amo los Spurs! Siempre! Los Mavericks y los Rockets, nunca! I didn't realise Frank Tinker flew the Mosca; I have a model of the I-15 he flew (one of these days I need to buy his book and read it). That's one of the things that got me interested in Soviet aircraft was reading about their use during the Spanish Civil War. Tengo muchos maquetas/modelos de los aviones de la Guerra Civil Espanola. La Guerra era muy interesante y muy tragico, tambien.

Saludos,

Jason

Take a look at this book, from page 214

Five down, no glory

;)

Btw (off topic) my basket team, Unicaja Málaga, has signed Livio Jean Charles, a forward. He comes from Austin Spurs, your linked team in G-League . Tomorrow is his debut :D

Edited by Juanca Fernandez
  • Like 1