1/48 A-6 Intruder Kinetic or Hobbyboss

Schweinebacke

Hello,

Maybe this has been posted before. My question is if the Hobbyboss A-6 as stated in some forums  is really better than the Kinetic given Hobbyboss history of bad kits (Tornado, Corsair, F-111).  Any input is appreciated.

Thomas

Built the A-6A from HB a few years back, I recall that the only fit issue was underside where the fuselage comes together via several pieces.  Around the nose gear area and where the exhaust surrounds meet, nothing bad. Test fit carefully how the fuselage sides mate with the radome, it has a less than helpful attachment point when opened.     Hypersonic makes some nice resin parts for the exhausts.  Resin seats really help an otherwise pretty darn good cockpit OOB.  The flaps and other surfaces on the wings can be positioned deployed which can add an interesting pop of red to the overall A-6A Lt Gull Gray/White camo.     Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Done the Kinetic - big fit issue around cockpit and some panel lines on nose wrong. Shape of nose seems too narrow (compared to 1/32 Trumpy A-6 (HB big brother!) and revell's classic A-6). I think the top of the tail on the HB is wrong (needs sanding at front or aftermarket rsin insert added, but I stress, I don't have a HB version (too expensive for me!).

Kinetic DOES give you a wing fold (older version of kit release) that is the early 90's composite wing fold where I am guessing (based on Trumpy's 1/32 version) the wing fold on HB (if even provided???) is the original 60's version.