Texhmod decals

Starfighter

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a sheet of Techmod decals for my recently purchased ICM Dornier Do 17Z ( 1/48 scale ) and wondered if anyone has any experience of using these, as I've not bought them before, and would like to know if there are any issues with them before I make a purchase ?  :cheers:

They are often very fragile and delicate, at least the ones I have used which are all 5+ years old. This helps them conform but they are not always easy to apply, especially large ones. Assuming the sheet you use has some spares that you don;t need, I would experiment with one of those on a scrap model first. You cam need to apply a protective clearcoat like Microscale Clear Decal Film to beef them up a little.

e.g.

g.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

They are often very fragile and delicate, at least the ones I have used which are all 5+ years old. This helps them conform but they are not always easy to apply, especially large ones. Assuming the sheet you use has some spares that you don;t need, I would experiment with one of those on a scrap model first. You cam need to apply a protective clearcoat like Microscale Clear Decal Film to beef them up a little.

e.g.

Thanks for the extra info . . . I shall bear that in mind, and maybe order some microscale liquid decal film as a precaution.  :cheers:

The old Techmod decals (let say 25 years ago) had tendency to crack and were not flexible enough, but now they go nicely without any special treatment.

In my recent Morko Morane I used dimed swastikas from a Techmod set "Finish markings"

No problem at all

Regards

J-W