Ju87 G/D tank buster Revell 1:72

Hairtrigger

I wrote an article for Modelling Madness about Revell´s 1:72 Ju 87D/G: http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/santoro87g.htm, I hope my article is useful when you decide to build it.

The only issue I remember having was with the wingtips, which had a ridge/gap when glued into the wings and with the upper crosses (the ones that aren´t a pure white outline), which were out of register.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

I think they've been reboxing the same kit for over 40 years.  It's actually not bad..reasonably accurate  (or at least nothing that jumps out as being grossly wrong.) If it's the same one I built in the 70s, it has an engine with removable cowl.  Raised panel lines, but thankfully free of rivets.  I would just build it and have fun.  

SN

• Like 1

There's 1001 reviews online of this kit, most with photos. Seems to be vice free, and as has been mentioned, it's old. Scalemates shows it as a 1975 release.

Build it and enjoy.

• Like 1

I enjoyed building the one I had back in the mid 90s.  Apart from a bit of flash, it went together ok and looked right when it was done.  Nice kit, despite it's age.

I built that one back in the 70's, just after it came out, to replace the FROG tankbuster, that I did a terrible job on. The only niggle I can recall is that the upper engine cowl was a bit of a loose fit, but that may just been me being a bit clumsy during assembly.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started this model awful lot of flash on it, the engine doesn't fit together at all and actually cut off the guide pins to get it to fit.

It really does show its age and lacks cockpit detail.   Oh well will just enjoy it for what it is, the plastic though is nice to work with and sands down well.  The engine will look fair with a little filler.

• Like 1

I was rooting around in my room today and realized I have one of these in the stash. I don't remember when I bought it but it must have been back in the 80's.

Chris