Italeri Typhoon.....

mackem01

Has anyone built the Italeri 1/48 scale Eurofighter Typhoon, kit number 2610? How good is it on shape and detail

and how well does it represent an R.A.F. machine? I would very much appreciate your opinion.

T.I.A.....

It is a very ond kit and in some detail dies not present the series prod. planes.

No matter if RAF or else.

GO with the bew Revell one!!

But take care. They originally boxed the Italeri effort !! (Italeri in Revell bix has real photo on the box..... do NOT buy it ;) )

The Italeri kit is based on the prototype Development Aircraft rather than a production aircraft. In terms of shape issues, the wingtip pods, rear fuselage, exhausts and seat are all wrong, and the pylons are a bit ropey as well.

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

Many thanks guys - appreciate the advice. I shall waint for the new Revell offering.

Is there a release date??

It is out for several years now.... 2 single seat boxings, 1 twoseater.....

Have a search anf unsure feel free to ask again!

Happy modelling!

Does anyone now if the Typhoon Italeri is going to issue this year is their old one, or possibly a Revell reboxing?  Even if it’s the old ‘prototype’ kit, I would still get it if it includes Italian 18Gruppo/37Stormo markings... gotta love that checkered rudder!

22 hours ago, guillaume320 said:

Does anyone now if the Typhoon Italeri is going to issue this year is their old one, or possibly a Revell reboxing?  Even if it’s the old ‘prototype’ kit, I would still get it if it includes Italian 18Gruppo/37Stormo markings... gotta love that checkered rudder!

Pretty sure it's their own kit. I don't see why they would rebox the Revell kit when they have their own.

• Like 1

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/977406-revell-03949-eurofighter-typhoon-bronze-tiger

This is still very freely available.  Has all the bits you need to make an RAF Typhoon.  Plus loads and loads of stores.

You will need aftermarket decals to make a service machine though.  Typical Revell!