A “TOMCATS” Harrier

Hello Everyone ... This is my latest build. Hasegawa's AV-8b Night attack Harrier. I opted to build mine as a VMA-311 “Tomcats” Hi-viz. Originally had planned on doing a Blacksheep Harrier but the Decals just didn't work out. The cockpit is an Aries pit. This thing almost cost me my mojo, however I persevered. There were horrible gaps everywhere especially the LERX’s. I had to use 40 thous. Plastic sheet to fill the gaps. 

xB6TniJ.jpg

If anyone has built one of these knows the forward fuselage is seperate from the rest and connects with essentially a plastic nipple glued in the front of the fan face. Well mine didnt it was about 1/4” to short to connect. So I actually had to drill a hole and connect the two halves with a wood screw of the proper length.   

That being said I opted to not gove up. And cranked out this. 

XMPU7xw.jpg

The Aries set comes with a complete pit, bangseat, and a few other bits n pieces. One of which is the Det cord in the canopy so I installed that. 

omzGHk3.jpg

GbFvzN1.jpg

dnvbzWa.jpg

KzfW6Fn.jpg

bRNqebq.jpg

P76UesR.jpg

CjWPfzf.jpg

J64FMat.jpg

It still needs the two pitot’s, Yaw vane, and a little weathering but I’m calling this done. Hope you like it and as usual. Any Questions ? Comments ? Or jokes ? Please feel free to comment. 

Dennis

P.S. - Who doesn't like a Sharkmouth ?

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, Knight_Flyer said:

In spite of the issues, still managed to get a great result out of it. Bit surprised the Hasegawa in 1/48 would have so many gaps to deal with.

Thanks for the compliment. Neither did I thats why it shocked me and dragged my mojo through the mud. In fact I expected the AMT P-40 im currently working on to be the one to give me headaches. Its a dream to build so far.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2