MiG-29A cockpit colour?

Fin

Could someone please recommend me a water based acrylic paint to match the colour for the interior of the MiG-29 (9-12)? I am referring to this blue-grey:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30793727@N05/3765884851/in/set-72157621875311470

Does Akan make a paint for this?

Btw, I realize there may be more than one shade, but there`s still a distinctive blueish hue about it which I don`t see in all the grey paints I have at hand. Also, it doesn`t look like the Flanker interior paint which is more of a grey-blue than a blue-grey. :D

Edited by Fin

Fin, I went through Linden Hills Imports website(USA) listing of the AKAN line; there does not seem be an cockpit color paint listed! They have them for some of the Sukhoi aircraft; and the early MiGs; but, not the MiG-29. You may have to contact AKAN directly to find out what they recommend. The Linden Hills listing does have a few gaps in the numbers(paint numbers); it is possible that the MiG-29 interior color is one of them. Or, AKAN is not producing it just now in favor of some of their other colors; it may be put back in production in the near future. Perhaps someone else can recommend a good substitute, or a mix.

Joe

Edited by JPuente54
spelling

Thank you! It would be odd for Akan to not have a paint for this. I have one of their MiG-29 sets and along the paints needed for the camouflage it offers bottles for the radome, the exhausts and even the tires, but nothing for the interior apparently.

Edited by Fin

The color you want is Vallejo Model Color Blue Grey Pale 70.905. It's spot on IMHO, and I have found no other in acrylic to come close to the Fulcrum cockpit.

Warning: do not be confused with Pale Grey Blue 70.907... this one is somewhat lighter.

file.jpg

Edited by Phantome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Phantome said:

The color you want is Vallejo Model Color Blue Grey Pale 70.905. It's spot on IMHO, and I have found no other in acrylic to come close to the Fulcrum cockpit.

Warning: do not be confused with Pale Grey Blue 70.907... this one is somewhat lighter.

Thank you! That`s actually very helpful. I have easy access to Vallejo`s range and from what I see in pictures it does appear to be the right colour.

• Like 1