1/72nd Gnat .

Finally got round to finishing this one after I started it around late September last year. Pressed on to finish recently after my two 737 builds.

The only changes I made to the Airfix kit was to replace the nose pitot with a pin cut to length. Markings wise, I opted to do it in light aircraft grey with dayglo. I used those acrylics by Hataka from the boxed set. The grey was fine airbrushed and so was the dayglo but despite a decent white base fro the orange dayglo it took several light mists to get an even colour.  I also changed the nose CFS badge with those from the S&M set otherwise all the kit decals used....and yes even all 50 plus tiny stencil decals!!!!

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

And, something else that has been lurking on the waiting to be finished bench...

IMG_3018.jpg

Tucano. So far it is in the same LAG but I am planning on doing this as a 'flight of fantasy'! Basically basing the scheme of Jet Provosts with dayglo bits on it but with proper codes and serials. A sort of what if.. they never came up with the red/white/grey scheme or maybe  its a retro scheme as an anniversary finish.

• Like 20

Love the Gnat.  The old Airfix Gnat was my very first model many, many years ago.  My Dad and I (mostly Dad!) built it when I was about 5 or 6.  The pitot lasted about 5 minutes after the model was completed!

Andrew