Sikorsky CH-124A Sea King

3 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Thanks Randy - the published version of the DND specs I have doesn't actually list the "manufacturer's original finish" colours....

Mine will be finished (eventually) in the old overall 501-109 with full-colour markings, so will have less additional lumps and bumps than yours - making the shortened strut fairings a more noticeable feature...

Hi Andy

I have a second Sea King almost ready for paint and it too will be in the 501-109 scheme.  It will be in the short lived Maritime Command markings and should make a nice comparison to the low-viz grey scheme.

Cheers

Randy

That's absolutely outstanding, incredible piece of work and amazing attention to detail.

Beautiful.

Eng

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I've  made one based on the Revell 1/72 kit and Belcher Bits detail set and decals. Quite pleased with it but it lacks a lot of stuff as your model has. 

But yours is a real stunner.

Having completed a Canadian Sea King, in 1:144 though, at the end of last month and with the research I did, I can really appreciate the work you have put into this project.

It has come out really superb and I have even spotted a couple of things I hadn't noticed in my research. Beautifully finished indeed.

Miguel

P.S. I stuck to a machine at the beginning of its career so I didn't have to make so many additions/modifications!