Lurker turned member from Ireland

Marklo

Hi All,

My name is Mark I'm from Ireland. Quite fanatical about modeling as a kid, but lapsed in my twenties. Now in my (early) fifties I've returned to modeling. I started back by building whatever the local art and hobby store had to offer ( a mix of airfix and Revell kits) but I've since gotten back into converting and scratch building. I'll build pretty  much anything that takes my fancy and although I do like accuracy in my builds, but I'm no rivet counter so I lean more to the 'if it looks right' school of things.

I am a member of the Irish IPMS forums and my current active builds are a Scratchbuilt 1/32 1912/1913 Deperdussin racer and a North Vietnamese Mig 21 both for active group builds on the forums.

Edited by Marklo
grammer
  • Like 1

:welcome:, Mark to Britmodeller, and, :welcome: back to modelling, you are very typical of a lot of the people here. You'll fit in well. I am Joe; live in SE Wisconsin, USA. Originally from the Chicago area. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. Very glad to see that you decided to stop lurking! You'll find; if you haven't already; that these are the best people around. They are very generous with their knowledge; and, always ready to help. Have a problem, need help, or, a tip; someone will either answer directly; or point you to where you can find the answer. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Hello and welcome from another Mark. Probably 95% of the 'newbies' here seem to have the same story about returning to modelling - me included :smile:. Hats off to you for the scratch building - something I just don't have the talent for. That Deperdussin is a neat looking aircraft - looks a lot more advanced than the early combatant WWI aircraft. Am I seeing correctly that it has a steering wheel?! - It'll never catch on! :wink: