Airfix Me109E - Battle of Britain No.2

Lovely 109,  this is going to be a really nice collection, I hope you put them all up together when finished as it will be a great display.

Personally I wouldn't worry overly about the sub-type of 109-E, especially if the photo of yellow 11 is of a wreck as mentioned above, 9 JG 26 would have replaced that aircraft so there would be a later yellow 11, probably with similar or the same staffel and gruppe markings - of course the Wk nr would be different but hard to spot in 1/72.

Andrew

16 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat and ambitious build!

Too my eyes, though, the panel joints are way over-emphasized, giving the model an unrealistic, toy like appearance – just compare with the b/w pics posted by Troy!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yep, I wouldn’t disagree with that. Generally I don’t mind a bit of artistic licence, but if I built another. I would definitely tone that down. 

Realistically, as you say, you can hardly see them on the pictures, but it needs a little something or I find it looks equally toy like with nothing... 

thanks again though for the comments.. 

Guy

• Like 2

Top class BF109. Wish some of mine looked half as good. You spend years trying to get the perfect build,and there is always something you think could have done better or added or subtracted. Such is life!!!!. Great build.