1/32 - Yakovlev Yak-9M/T resin kit by Silver Wings - released

Homebee

I hope Silver Wings sells tons of them! I realize the tooling and other up-front costs are much higher for an injected-styrene 1/72 kit than for a limited-run resin, even in 1/32, but maybe if this kit gets some attention, a mainstream manufacturer will be encouraged to launch a Yak-9D/-9T in the smaller scale.

John

• Like 2

On 16.03.2018 at 11:59 PM, mholly said:

Why in the world was the MAIN version "D" bypassed again?

What is it so difficult to accept that Yak-9D was the most widely used WWII fighter?

A joke? Surely not the most widely used WWII fighter (long long behind the Bf 109G and even the P-47D), not the most widely used SOVIET WWII fighter (behind even LaGG-3, La-7 and many others), not the most widely used Yak WWII fighter (behind the Yak-3, Yak-7B and others) and even not the most widely used Yak-9 variant (surpassed by the -9M and -9U).

Actually the Yak-9 with cockpit moved back (thus -9T, -9K, -9DD and -9M) has been manufactured in far greater number (7474) than all the variants with original forward-located cockpit (-9, -9D, -9R, -9B) combined (3845). Even the 3rd generation Yak-9s (with wing moved 4in forward and no fabric on fuselage sides) with their total of 5004 -9U/-9UT and -9P have been built in greater number.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KRK4m said:

A joke? Surely not the most widely used WWII fighter (long long behind the Bf 109G and even the P-47D), not the most widely used SOVIET WWII fighter (behind even LaGG-3, La-7 and many others), not the most widely used Yak WWII fighter (behind the Yak-3, Yak-7B and others) and even not the most widely used Yak-9 variant (surpassed by the -9M and -9U).

Actually the Yak-9 with cockpit moved back (thus -9T, -9K, -9DD and -9M) has been manufactured in far greater number (7474) than all the variants with original forward-located cockpit (-9, -9D, -9R, -9B) combined (3845). Even the 3rd generation Yak-9s (with wing moved 4in forward and no fabric on fuselage sides) with their total of 5004 -9U/-9UT and -9P have been built in greater number.

Cheers

Michael

Now there's a man who knows his Yaks.....:smile:

18 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Would love one of those to go with my Yak 1b and Yak 3, I just hope it's not a wallet buster though.

I've always found the cheapest way is to buy direct from Silver Wings themselves. Superb service, fast shipping and very well packed too. Most of the Silver Wings kits I have bought were in the £80 to £90 bracket. 

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

1 minute ago, fightersweep said:

I've always found the cheapest way is to buy direct from Silver Wings themselves. Superb service, fast shipping and very well packed too. Most of the Silver Wings kits I have bought were in the £80 to £90 bracket. 

Steve

That would be great as it would fit in with my limit of £100 for kits.

Cheers

Dennis

Of course, I don't speak on Silver Wings behalf, but hopefully it will be just under the £100 mark. The Hawker Demon is quite a large kit, with probably a higher part count than the Yak, and I think that came in around the £90 mark. That was a few years ago now though. Rest assured though that they are gorgeous models that go together like injection moulded kits. The quality is top notch.

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Sources: 

http://www.silverwings.pl/132-yak-9-m-t-pre-orders-start-n.html

https://www.facebook.com/SilverWingsAircraftModels/posts/2080280762029653

Dear Friends and Customers,

The time is up, let's spread the news! The 1:32 Yak-9 M/T is official now! Out next Silver Limited Edition series kit is about to be released.

When will the kit become available for purchase? 
We are working at the maximum speed but still we need extra few weeks to polish final details and prepare a smooth release. Thus we have to move Yakovlev's release date to the end of October. We hope that upon opening the box, you will understand why this additional time was needed.

How to purchase the kit? 
Look for it at your favorite shop (or drop us an email if it's not there) or contact us directly at [email protected]. All pre-orders for this kit received and pre-paid by October 20th noon - will be be discounted by 15%. Unlike our standard releases, the kit will be available in a limited number.

For more details, please visit our website at http://www.silverwings.pl/yakovlev-yak-9-m-t.html

The Silver Wings Team

Dear Friends and Customers,

The time is up, let's spread the news! The 1:32 Yak-9 M/T is official now! Out next Silver Limited Edition series kit is about to be released.
What's in the box?

- 99 resin parts
- 70 photo-etched elements
- 4 film parts
- hand-drawn box art
- metal gun barrels
- more photo-etched elements
- A4 poster
- historical and museum photos of the aircraft
- scale resin figure of a Soviet fighter pilot
- seven marking schemes:
1. Yak-9T code no.14, Fighter Regiment Normandie (Régiment de chasse Normandie), pilot Marcel Lefevre, Toula, March 1944
2. Yak-9T code no.60, Fighter Regiment Normandie (Régiment de chasse Normandie), pilot René Challe, Doubrovka, June 1944
3. Yak 9T code no.04, 4. Fighter Regiment, Pilot I.N. Stepanenko, Autumn 1944
4. Yak 9T code no.48, 812. Fighter Regiment, Pilot M.A. Mashenkin, September 1943
5. Yak 9T code no.38, 728. Fighter Regiment, Pilot A.I. Vybornov, Poland, September 1944
6. Yak 9T code no.10, 845. Fighter Regiment, Pilot Sowovyev, April 1945
7. Jak-9M code no.304, 1st Fighter Regiment “City of Warsaw” (1 PLM “Warszawa”), probably belonged to the 3rd squadron, end of 1945

When will the kit become available for purchase?
We are working at the maximum speed but still we need extra few weeks to polish final details and prepare a smooth release. Thus we have to move Yakovlev's release date to the end of October. We hope that upon opening the box, you will understand why this additional time was needed.

How to purchase the kit?
Look for it at your favorite shop (or drop us an email if it's not there) or contact us directly at [email protected]. All pre-orders for this kit received and pre-paid by October 20th noon - will be be discounted by 15%. Unlike our standard releases, the kit will be available in a limited number.

The Silver Wings Team

Tn-jak-9m-white-304-1-plm-polish-af.jpg

Tn-jak-9t-red-04-4-iap-stepanenko.jpg

Tn-jak-9t-white-10-845-iap-sowovyev.jpg

Tn-jak-9t-white-14-normandie-niemen-lefe

Tn-jak-9t-white-48-mashenkin.jpg

Tn-jak-9t-white-14-normandie-niemen-lefe

Tn-jak-9t-white-60-normandie-niemen-chal

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1