Eduard 1/48 FW 190A-4 Profipack

Hello Everyone, 

The Fokker Wolf 190 is one of my favourite WWII planes and I have been looking forward to starting this kit from Eduard. I really liked the last Eduard kit I made and this kit looks even better, the rivet detail on the wings and fuselage looks awesome so can't wait to see the finished model.  

6NB-AY_VS6rYfud8oTu2IK90HG_pNLFAvCHFjkQx

4w2PfBsrCckzWY85vf3692WITdkzrNMuWE7plHMy

I used Gauzy Agent, applied with a tooth pick to create the lens in the instrument panel.

B1OjvHcOF28lKYfzQKm3boWdJP1L9GDsMObw86vx

Almost completed cockpit, I will varnish it and then give it an oil wash next

CX8F2uOkRSJx4jOivhVBtDSmBEp4noGmvK60_hoJ

That's all for now, 

• Like 4

A little update from this evening.

I promised myself I wouldn't add any extra detail to the engine as it can hardly be seen behind the cooling blades but I couldn't live with the simple two-piece engine so I added the extra wires. They may never get seen but I will know they are there.

YOqb8fivS3E8g0guDlbnyVJznIblM7XNqA5WnKvv

pCV5OrNiBbKU3H23r3xKb9yLf3g4uNeAdFXpxqSJ

All wrapped up!

lnMZAkAE8Lp7LxjJS5WwtFBLpLU0kpYKhOyGOBjl

• Like 4

Starting to come together now, completed the undercarriage and prop, and the wings are in place.

T2eghPtULpZAuvSC3TN9FcUAy95RMNtq_WrpYvG5

573pMxI9XgTpLq0OWeWNogvHO4TFs1MnyfgxL_fp

If you look closely you can just about see the engine detail. :smile:

WWwfS9amyoREgDA8K3o3-cCcGZEYQnwQ0nduO-7c

• Like 3

Started painting the fuselage and wings.

I am going to use chipping effects along the wing root and cockpit entrance so I gave her an undercoat of aluminium. 

1osiTprYuhdOvuxkDbERVEW25FIw4FLyHIbzC2_T

RLM 76 for the fuselage side and under wing areas. 

roPZkMvY_ECNdoZjKDvbM47lTvqTg9Sil67nsvNr

Wings masked and given a mottled texture and panel line pre-shading before the top coat of RLM75. 

tVUvqT3xaUPUHk2Uq_WDLIq6VvDR2_9HAFzE3fiG

Camo masked and pre-shading of the RLM74 layer.

HGeaa5Sj5CSgn2-GOk-ybYvMuTCAasZwa-ancBlF

Un-masked as I will paint the upper parts of the camouflage free hand with the airbrush. Quite happy with the paints I chose, I normally use Model Air but I didn't think the model air RML 74 & 75 looked right at all, way too dark and you couldn't tell the colours apart. I tested many paints and found that my prefered colours were Model Air 71.257 RLM76, Vallejo Model Colour 70.897 for RLM 74 and AKI 2008 RLM 75. 

-9TRftBYYp4hpbLxbw_z662bki5lRMW7IOc7xY5o

• Like 2

Last night I managed to finish the build, overal I am happy but I had a few problems that I had to fix. When I applied the decals to the upper wing the port wing decal became distorted so I had to remove them both. Unfortunately in doing so I damaged the paint so I had to repaint the wings and then as I didn't have replacement decals I also masked and painted the crosses. The result of the painted crosses is much nicer than the decals so I have decided I will start painting decal more often in the future.

3pv0VCXGJ7nGwNylUht_a72UyE2rnzeccOIghH9G

fF9uIN6eNHHd_49SgBTWb-zj3aLFTWC6IQ0JB8MO

Quick photo of the completed model, I plan to take some better photos today and then I will post them in the RFI section. 

0EQdbqOlkNQXdj27lxOqC6vVRHU4OA67KWh__IY2

• Like 8