Stunner. Lovely - particularly like the leaking from under the exhausts... Never managed to build up layers like that - using oil washer brushed on.... top layer always takes of those before.... may I ask how you went about it? 

Cracking Sturmovik! 

• Like 1

I built the Italeri release a few years ago, being originally released by Accurate Miniatures , I found that it's a nice kit to put together. The real skill comes in the finish and what a cracker you've built- it's spot on 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

That's very nicely finished Johnny. Do I take it from your comments that it is a nice, stress free build?

Thank you, although it's a few years old now (I remember buying this in the Modelzone closing-down sale!) it was praised at the time for its clever engineering and parts fit. Needless to say it went together flawlessly and was a joy to build.

13 hours ago, bruce bay said:

Stunner. Lovely - particularly like the leaking from under the exhausts... Never managed to build up layers like that - using oil washer brushed on.... top layer always takes of those before.... may I ask how you went about it? 

Cracking Sturmovik! 

I just made sure the Future coat protecting the paintwork was perfectly dry, then added lines of AK Interactive engine dirt & grime which I went over with a cotton bud. A few more lines were added on top in the same way, which didn't affect the earlier stuff.

Thanks all for the positive comments. 

• Like 1