Ferrari 'breadvan'

23 hours ago, mini man said:

Thanks guys,

A few more pics,converting her to rhd.

dzfsdu.jpg

I hope I don't come across as rude asking, but I was just wondering what your thinking was for the RHD conversion? Is it personal preference, or was there some other reason? Just asking since the real thing is LHD, but ultimately my feeling is that the only way you're doing the model wrong is if you don't do it how you want it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

I hope I don't come across as rude asking, but I was just wondering what your thinking was for the RHD conversion? Is it personal preference, or was there some other reason? Just asking since the real thing is LHD, but ultimately my feeling is that the only way you're doing the model wrong is if you don't do it how you want it.

Well I have a thing about converting cars,some are easier than others to  do!

19 hours ago, Dannimal said:

A lot of work there, but its gonna pay off for you!, I too have the Protar version that I left half done to do other things.

Thanks.

More sanding,gradually losing the low spots.
b54bjo.jpg

Got the lower corners sorted.
2utrqdz.jpg

Yet more filler!..
cksbr.jpg

• Like 1

One question,why is the tacho up down sideways? as my late bruv used to say.

Getting there,I am not worried about the sides or rear,just the roof at present.

33dzcbl.jpg

28u1aiv.jpg

nz3x4k.jpg

OK the roof..I just cant get it level/smooth - there  is a low point of aprox 0.5mm...

izlumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gauges are usually rotated so that all the needles line up during operation (so that one that's reading incorrectly will be noticeable): that's OK for gauges which shouldn't move much (like water temp; oil pressure etc) but obviously the tacho won't be static. I suspect it's because the driver can't see the red line when it's orientated the right-way-up.

EDIT: In fact I think it's so that the driver can see the whole swept range: some of the gauge would be obscured by the steering wheel if it was 'correctly' orientated.

Edited by Sabrejet
Pondering time and subsequent lightbulb moment.

One of the (fragile!)rear stub axles snapped off so  I had to create one.
2dl0vat.jpg

25729uu.jpg

Headlight buckets in place.
x423yt.jpg

I had to create a new boot floor as it would have shown a gap through the new window!
63rlt3.jpg

Outer shot,also got more filler in the roof (yawn..................................)
2nv5s8j.jpg

• Like 2