DH Sea Devon C Mk.20

De Havilland DH.104 Sea Devon C Mk.20 - 718 Sqn Fleet Air Arm - Amodel 1/72

My attempt to build at least one of everything in Ray Sturtivant's Aircraft of the Fleet Air Arm takes another step forward with this relatively obscure aircraft.

wpe8c0cc13_05_06.jpg

The RN's Sea Devons were ex-civil machines used as VIP and light transport aircraft, based out of RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall.  Definitely a short run kit, this one is very nicely formed, but needs a little care in building. The cabin windows caused me a lot of angst, but it was worth it. 

FredT :)

wpa8701b2c_05_06.jpg

wp071a47fc_05_06.jpg

wp10bf259e_05_06.jpg

• Like 58

Nice build, great to see someone has built this kit, I have one in my stash, Amodel have a tendency for cabin windows not to fit properly, the model fits together rather well if you have a dry run first just to fettle a few bits here and there especially the wing onto the fuselage, and a the cockpit interior, the horizontal tail needs to be pinned as well as there are no locating plugs, I noticed a area at the bottom in the centre of the wing that needed filling but nothing major, the interior also lacks passenger seats

Good to see one here all finished. Like many others, I too have one lurking but am waiting for some aftermarket decals. Caracal have announced a set but dunno whats on it yet. i have a set on order and just hope there is something on it as appealing as yours!:smile:

A cracking Sea Devon and thanks for showing and inspiring . I can't wait for the aftermarket decals to arrive as there are so many schemes to choose from. My preference would be a 207 Sqn RAF scheme from RAF Wyton in the early 80s.

Mark

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canberraman said:

A cracking Sea Devon and thanks for showing and inspiring . I can't wait for the aftermarket decals to arrive as there are so many schemes to choose from. My preference would be a 207 Sqn RAF scheme from RAF Wyton in the early 80s.

Mark

Yes the RAF 207 sqn based at Northolt is my favourite as well

6ccada7b14b478bf686494b79cfa1095.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Where did you get the decals?!

Most of the decals were sourced from the spares, the crest on the tail was sourced from the internet and scaled down and printed off, ROYAL AIR FORCE were from a decal sheet of various sizes but I cannot remember the name of the manufacture 

3 hours ago, kev67 said:

Most of the decals were sourced from the spares, the crest on the tail was sourced from the internet and scaled down and printed off, ROYAL AIR FORCE were from a decal sheet of various sizes but I cannot remember the name of the manufacture 

I'd have thought the cheatline would have been hardest to find? 

The cheat line came from a decal sheet with dark blue lines it was just a case of trimming it to the correct size, but again I cannot remember the name of the company who did it, as I have had the decal sheet for years