The Su-57 are arriving

magman2

On the B-21

1. The US has been flying aircraft for last 70+ years in total secret soemtimes for entire decades before becoming public and yet when they say it will be a 2030 aircraft people take their word for it

2. Even if the 2030 date is accurate, how long were the F35 and F22 know about before the service date, and were publically viewed as the X-35 and YF-22

3. As stealthman points out, theres something that could be the B-21 flying for the past few years, so development is all well underway 

14 hours ago, Aardvark said:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18997/b-21-raider-officially-heading-to-edwards-air-force-base-for-testing

For fighter I absolute and almost agree! For bomber or spy plane I don't know.

But I think that everyone will agree that stealth is completely useless for transport or attack plane! :):)

B.R.

Serge

The B-21 is very much alive and well. Be interesting to see the first 'Official' photographs........

• Like 1

I think as time goes on it will be revealed that development of the 'Cancelled A12 Avenger' went far further resulting in an aircraft of very similar form now in service with the USAF sighted on many occasions and often referred to as the flying Dorito. The only thing that was supposed to have come out of the original project was a full size wooden mock up, but I have seen photos of a prototype aircraft in the latter stages of construction.

9 minutes ago, Stealthman said:

I think as time goes on it will be revealed that development of the 'Cancelled A12 Avenger' went far further resulting in an aircraft of very similar form now in service with the USAF sighted on many occasions and often referred to as the flying Dorito. The only thing that was supposed to have come out of the original project was a full size wooden mock up, but I have seen photos of a prototype aircraft in the latter stages of construction.

Not to mention the canopy that somehow ended up being sold on the open market.....

On 16.03.2018 at 2:28 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Not to mention the canopy that somehow ended up being sold on the open market.....

It was a Russian hackers, she is cracked cockpit !!!

:):)

Something say my when Hollywood makes movie about A-12 Avenger II story, screenplay  "The Pentagon Wars"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon_Wars

was a story about play baby with a children toy's!

;):)

B.R.

Serge  

On 15/03/2018 at 11:28 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Strangely, due to the fact no one has ever confirmed the original source of the item, it remains a mystery as to whether that canopy was genuine and from an A12 (prototype?) - or whether or not it was a demonstration item created for a particular reason, or just a plain fake. 

I believe the A12 design was fully utilised to create something very similar, or simply enhanced and produced as a possible F117 replacement. A lot of sightings match the description of the A12.

On 3/13/2018 at 16:04, Stealthman said:

The photographs taken of 3 unidentified aircraft bearing a striking resemblance in some ways ( but differing crescent wing shape) to the B2 flying high over Amerillo in Texas appear to show a brand new aircraft. When challenged the USAF denied the presence of any B2s in the area and all airframes were accounted for. After too much publicity the USAF then staged a flight of 3 x B2s (virtually unheared of due to availability) in order to put folks off the scent. The F117 had been flying for 4 years before it was unveiled to the public. The Black budget is huge and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find the B21 already exists. The public is only ever told what the Military decides to tell it, if and when it chooses to do so.

enhanced3s

dean (1)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12.03.2018 at 9:00 PM, RidgeRunner said:

The Serbs are proud of them

Not only Serbs........sample  from Russian PVO ( Air Defence ) museum:

UJwitKSRlpk.jpg

ScDbsql_9RI.jpg

8Ds5J-U-gMY.jpg

pUl9CiwRWtw.jpg

https://sun1-7.userapi.com/c824604/v824604500/b9015/7d4ZxVB8W6w.jpg

Resources:

https://m.vk.com/album304341804_250710983

Almost as UFO:

_GCcb_7X174.jpg

Resources:

https://m.vk.com/pakfa

B.w. on this resources announced TV-presentation  cockpit   T-50:

xc0P7TrGsq8.jpg

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

On 3/12/2018 at 6:31 AM, Mike said:

Something just popped out of the morass that is my memory about them intending to fit more stealthy vectored thrust engines later on? :hmmm:

Yes. I read that too and remember seeing some drawings on one of the then T-50 PAK/FA Facebook pages.

On 12/03/2018 at 1:36 PM, Mick4350 said:

Anyone doing it in styrene ?

You'd probably find that the Trumpeter F-22 is more the shape of an SU-57 than a F-22.  Start from there! :wink:

10129657.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Head Russian MOD S.Shoigu said that in Syria Su-57 tested advanced cruise missiles.

At the same time, the first real shot frames from the inner bomb-bay compartment were shown: 

yIq3U.gif

5507178_original.jpg

The missile is probably Kh-59MK2:

b145fb035a21e1055a69c56ec99f83dc.jpg

Chinese 3-D speculation:

HCVQgdPjeUs.jpg

l07fSYCijdI.jpg

Kh-59(MK2?) for Tu-160 probably have nuclear warheads:

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Х-59

Resources:

http://paralay.iboards.ru/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2933&sid=c8dc8404bad38c0258de61ae71f1db81&start=8730

https://afirsov.livejournal.com/346642.html

https://russianplanes.net/id230570

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

And where was all this world "expert's" who "know" all about Su-57 program ?? :):)

Why they don't say:

"Su-57 in Syria? We know, it's for cruise missiles testing!" ???

;):)

P.P.S

Su-57 (T-50-1 and T-50-4) on "Aviamix" show under Ryazan:

230570.jpg

On 3/13/2018 at 8:04 PM, Stealthman said:

The photographs taken of 3 unidentified aircraft bearing a striking resemblance in some ways ( but differing crescent wing shape) to the B2 flying high over Amerillo in Texas appear to show a brand new aircraft.

RQ-180.  :ninja:

On 3/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, Aardvark said:

I don't know.... many hollywar on Russian forum about this.

Someone "expert" former soviet citizen who now emigrant on west, trolling  russian fan Su-57 about engine with radar blocker

-  thrust is down. 

Where did this information  a pensioner from Israel, I do not know.

But all "know" what this country world leader research & made in 5 generation fighter and jet engine. :):)

Some post in topic from Russian user say what engine's with radar blocker thrust is up on 5%.

Who right I don't know.

I don't know too for what this razor on nozzle perspective jet engine "izdelie 30" for Su-57:

regnum_picture_1512729744136918_big.jpg

https://topwar.ru/127750-v-seti-poyavilos-foto-aviacionnogo-dvigatelya-predpolozhitelno-dlya-su-57.html

Maybe for down temperature characteristic, maybe for sound waves down  characteristic, I don't know, but razor on nozzle we see....

B.R.

Serge

Worked it out...  the razor bits are to provide protection from birds flying into the back of it :)

1 hour ago, IanHx said:

Worked it out...  the razor bits are to provide protection from birds flying into the back of it :)

I know only one generation birds 

flying into the back of it:

PYPGG.jpg

But improved poultry breeder for a long time already such birds are not bred, because this bird no effectively.

Modern generation this birds as:

or

(etc)

has long been bugging planes to other places!

;)

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hi, Serge

Which missile is on the top photo, igla? Cheers

Jure

Hi, Jure!

No, it's Strela-2(Arrow-2).

It is said that it was these missiles of this type that were directed directly at a heat source exploding nearby or inside the jet nozzle without causing critical damage to it.

Next generations have algorithms for hitting precisely the critical parts of the aircraft - the center wing, cockpit, etc.

B.R.

Serge

Hi, Serge

Thank your for your explanation. I thought it was igla as it looked a bit long for strela, but I should have known better. Once, while serving my year in JLA, I taught myself to operate strela 2M just to kill time. Unfortunately that did not take very long. Cheers

Jure

Once, while serving my year in JLA, I taught myself to operate strela 2M just to kill time. 

WOW! It turns out we are colleagues. B)

I, however, was taught to work with portable anti-aircraft complexes purposefully in the training of reserve officers, and yes it was Strela-3 & Igla, but I also held Strela-2M as a training manual.

I thought it was igla as it looked a bit long for strela, but I should have known better. 

Many things are forgotten with age, for example I do not remember many of the technical characteristics and parameters, but I distinguish the Strela-2M from the Strela-3 and I can still shoot from this complex.

B.R.

Serge

Not quite, Serge, I was on Praga V3S 30-mm AAA twin. Once I was on fire guard duty in front of hangar and few soldiers from Training battery practiced with their strelas nearby. I took one of the inert rounds and asked one of the guys for instructions. If I remember correctly one has to snap on battery and firing mechanism, remove front and rear cap, extend rubber lead stick and red indication light, put one's left hand on battery switch and the right hand on firing mechanism grip with index finger on the trigger. Then one points moderately angled strela (I had been told that if angle is too steep, at firing missile may drop before rocket engine kicks in) in direction of incoming enemy planes. One keeps following target, putting on lead, and when plane is at about 800 m one switches battery on as there is only enough electricity for about half a minute of operation. At 400 m one pulls the trigger to the first step to activate infra-red seeker and wait for a beep and for the indication light to go on, signalling that seeker is locked on target. When enemy aircraft is at oblique angle to a missile and at distances between 300 and 800 m one should count ˝jedan, dva˝ and than pull the trigger to assure seeker follows the target from aft hemisphere and has s strong and unobstructed heat source.

This is how I remember the procedure although my description may not be quite correct. Mind you, thirty years is a long time and I only dabbled with strela for about fifteen minutes to have a brief break from usual military routine. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 1:39 PM, Jure Miljevic said:

Not quite

Why? In both cases, military specialization is air defense! ;):)B)

The Igla has only a significant difference in the launching procedure, from the Strela , there is a Responder IFF  Friend or Foe

installed, this has no effect on the launching procedure on enemy aircraft, but if the aircraft is friend, then the launch is blocked.

But if a friend shoots at the objects you are protecting, then it simply turns off Responder IFF Friend or Foe.

..and "Shoot them all!"

But most hard target was attack helicopter type AH-64,

because of the tactics of the jump, attack aircraft A-10 because of the armor and F-117 because of the stealth technology that reduces the visibility of this aircraft in the infra-red spectrum.

As I wrote, I do not remember many technical points. I remember only funny and interesting moments. So for example, we were taught by a major who served in strategic aviation.

He told how, during Gorbachev's dry law, they managed to buy a box of vodka, but there was no space in the cockpit and they loaded it into a bomb bay. :)

What was their surprise when, upon arrival at the destination airfield, they opened the bomb bay, they saw that the vodka was frozen because of low pressure at altitude in combination with low temperature. But the funniest thing was the reaction of one student to this story:

-Wow ! It's the same as vodka as an ice cream lick!

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 3

Hello

Good one, Serge. Not quite the same, but some WWII P-38 Groups in South Pacific sent out rookie pilots early in the morning with orders to climb to altitudes of about 6 km and then descend and land as quickly as possible. Instead of ammo planes carried kegs, so pilots would not have to endure warm beer on the top of other horrors of war. I wonder if these flights qualified as dawn patrol? Cheers

Jure

• Like 2