Sophwith F1 Camel, Revell 1/72

Hello there,

My first publication goes for the recently finished Sophwith Camel, in 1/72th scale from Revell Models.

I had added some Ammo Rigging (Uschi) for upgrade the detail...

IMG_1248IMG_1249IMG_1250IMG_1251IMG_1252IMG_1254IMG_1256IMG_1258IMG_1260IMG_1262IMG_1266IMG_1268IMG_1264

Thanks for watching!

Ricardo

Edited by Rikywarbirds
  • Like 41

You've worked wonders with that old kit. I assume the box contains the venerable mouldings from 1963, so 55 years old!

Excellent finish and rigging and the livery is certainly colourful and interesting.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

You've worked wonders with that old kit. I assume the box contains the venerable mouldings from 1963, so 55 years old!

Excellent finish and rigging and the livery is certainly colourful and interesting.

Kind regards,

Joachim

I didn't know that the kit was that old! this is the box:

rvl04190.jpg

Made this last year but no rigging for me. 

Yours looks fantastic, you have even done the bit of rigging shaped in an X, front and centre, only thing I can say about that is blimey. That must have taken some patience.

Congratulations on such a brilliant build, Martin 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rikywarbirds said:

I didn't know that the kit was that old! this is the box:

rvl04190.jpg

Right, a reissue AFAIK – old wine in a new cask… ;-) One wouldn't believe it, seeing you meticulous build.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bbudde said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/193841-revell-h628-49-sopwith-camel

Looking very fine, especially the rigging (Always a horror for me). Cheers

Thanks! take a look to the ammo Rigging or Uschi, really easy compared to styrene filaments 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rikywarbirds said:

Thanks! take a look to the ammo Rigging or Uschi, really easy compared to styrene filaments 

Really good job on the rigging, I have tried both the AMMO and Uschi lines and just can not get them to behave.

• Like 1

Superb - having tried to build this little bugger I know what a state the moulding is now in and just what an achievement this is. TBH it beat me, I binned the fuselage and used an Academy one with the Revell wings. So will your next WW1 build be a similar challenge? There are easier things out there!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

How about the Airfix Albatros DVa., or their SPAD (7 or 13, I can't remember...)?  Real dogs...

1 hour ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Superb - having tried to build this little bugger I know what a state the moulding is now in and just what an achievement this is. TBH it beat me, I binned the fuselage and used an Academy one with the Revell wings. So will your next WW1 build be a similar challenge? There are easier things out there!

Well, I have in my stash 5 more aircraft in 1/72th scale and I think I will not buy more models in this specific scale because of the tiny size: my eyes suffer too much! So 1/48 an 1/32 will be fine to me. (I´m getting old)

I have, in 48th scale, one Eduard Albatros D.Va ProfiPack that I spect it will be amazing...