Werner Voss 1/32

Ted

I have to restrain myself from geeking out too much about this figure. It's the WW1 ace made by Model Cellar and it is one of the most realistic sculpts I've seen. I just don't understand how an artist can sculpt this well.

Here's the photo the model is based on. I can't wait to paint his socks. B)

Werner Voss

Box art...so good.

IMG_5391

And the bits.

IMG_5392

I did their Billy Bishop figure a few years ago and really enjoyed it. He must have dropped his smoke at some point.

IMG_5395

Somewhat relevant, here's a (slightly dusty <_<) figure from Encore of James Mcudden, one of the seven pilots who Voss battled alone against before succumbing. Some of McCudden's quotes after the battle were quite poignant.

IMG_5396

Edited by Ted
  • Like 9

Great work on these figures,something I have never mastered,it is an art form all on its own and you have it mastered,better that he gives up smoking bad for your health:D and they do look like a fancy pair of socks,Cheers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Jim :)

Didn't need much putty on this one, just a couple skinny gaps and air bubbles in the resin.

IMG_5397

Painted the face, I may add more shadows but I'll wait until I paint the rest of him in case I also need to do some touch ups.

IMG_5404

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally getting back to this one, I still need to paint his blue max medal and fix a couple bits like the piping on his cap. But am relieved to have finished his socks. I think I need to start using magnifying glasses:drunk:

IMG_7527

• Like 7