Boeing 737 pair!

Fresh from the Boeng 737STGB(its where the build threads are for these two). Airfix -200 and Revell -800

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

• Like 31

Love these two Paul! I've always liked the Nordair livery and I think the two tones of blue on the Westjet livery really go together well.

Are you going to add the aerial to the -200 for the finishing touch?

Cheers,

Ian

17 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Love these two Paul! I've always liked the Nordair livery and I think the two tones of blue on the Westjet livery really go together well.

Are you going to add the aerial to the -200 for the finishing touch?

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for comments chaps. Much appreciated.

There is a blade aerial on top of fuselage for the -200. But it doesn't have the Wifi lump ;)

Really nice Paul.

The -200 is very pretty but I find myself drawn to that -800 simply because it's very clean and simple but, mostly, because it really shows what the 737 has evolved into! Very modern.

ATB
Rick

27 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Paul,

I meant the wire aerial.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steelhead2010/6559332275

Just thought it would add a little more detail.

Cheers,

Ian

Ah!  Can only just make it out in the picture. Thanks, but I don't think I will add it as I know I will mess it up and the model.  I go by the 'less is more' rule.

Very nice. The wire aerial on 737s (for HF operations) was something that could be fitted as and when needed. Back in the 1970s, some Aer Lingus 737-200s had wire aerials fitted temporarily because they were skirting around France due to a French air traffic contollers strike and had to use HF when flying over the Bay of Biscay on the way down to Spain..

• Like 1

Oh, nearly missed these pair of beauties. The Nordair one just edges it for me 'cos it's got a cheat line.

Lovely 737s, they show how far it has been developed over the last 50 years. Crikey, 50 years!

Cheers

John

• Like 1