1/72nd Academy, Liberator GR.III, FL936/V, 160 Sqn, Ceylon & India 1943

Outstanding!  What a beauty! I like those British paint schemes and your paint job is great.  I especially like the weathering on the leading edges of the wings and the dirt on the tires.  I'm still struggling with how to do realistic weathering on tires and yours look just right!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Michael51 said:

Tony,

A superb build and finish.

I currently have an Academy B-24D in progress. How you achieved that seamless joining of the nose transparency to the front section is beyond me, as are a lot of things in this hobby.

A really fine result.

Michael

Cheers Michael,

Regarding the nose,..... it needed filler to blend in the clear part to the nose as the clear part is too big!!  Which was a bit of a bummer as I had just painted the fuselage white!!! Needless to say,.....there was a repaint of this area! 

Good luck with yours,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 4:00 AM, opus999 said:

Outstanding!  What a beauty! I like those British paint schemes and your paint job is great.  I especially like the weathering on the leading edges of the wings and the dirt on the tires.  I'm still struggling with how to do realistic weathering on tires and yours look just right!

Thanks,...... for the tyres I used MiG Pigment Powders,......European Earth and Desert Sand,.... just brushed on like dried mud,... it is dead easy and can be easily wiped away if you over do things,.....I used the same for the oil/exhaust streaking,....using black and grey.

Cheers

Tony  

• Like 1

Hi Tony, sorry, late to the party as usual ! 

Lovely work on a great subject. I'd have done this one myself for the nose art had the decals been available in 48th.

I particularly like what you've done with the de-icing boots and the explanation. The picture of BZ862 shows camouflage demarcation lines on the wing leading edges and I wasn't sure whether the boots had been overpainted or removed. I assumed they'd been removed due to the Indian climate, but that doesn't make too much sense in hindsight; I might follow your lead on this.

Well done again and I look forward to seeing your RAF B-24 flightline one day.

Fab !

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

Beautiful job Tony, the weathering is PERFECT, just the right amount........ look s really good............ I always thought the Liberator looked a bit clumsy on the ground, but has beautiful lines when clean and in the air.... again awesome job..... I like it a lot..

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks again for the very kind remarks,.....glad you like it. I`m at the painting stages with two more `coastal' Libs which should be finished in a week or so,...I`ve done a WIP for them this time! 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Wow Tony ! Congratulations !

She look great, I really like that paint scheme.

I really like your choice of unusual painting ! It's an inspiration for me !

I like it too....:wub:

Can't wait to see her stable mates ...:dog::dog:

Still unusual ones ??

Sincerely.

corsaircorp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biggu said:

What do you think of the new release from Eduard??

Expensive,...... certainly more than I can afford anyway! The overtree sprues are very nice though and highly recommended. 

• Like 1

ToT,

Crikey- she's a beaut, mate! Really love the version, the scheme, and the mods you made. Very realistic weathering of the overpainted de-icer boots, especially considering they are brush-painted. She's really a looker in these colors! Looks like Academy got the positive incidence of the tailplane right, which causes the fins/rudders to be angled back from the perpendicular, and you also dirtied up the fins from engine exhaust, which is often overlooked. You 'da man, T!

Mike

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 2:38 PM, tonyot said:

Expensive,...... certainly more than I can afford anyway! The overtree sprues are very nice though and highly recommended. 

I hear you on the price, BUT a guy has to reward himself once in a while:wink:

• Like 1