1/700 Hasegawa J.M.S.D.F DDG 174 Kongo class Kirishima

Here is the Hasegawa 1/700 DDG 174 Kirishima “Hyper Scale”. I must say it was quite the kit. For 1/700 it had outstanding detail and a very large sheet of PE. I placed it in my usual water base for display and after having my eyes crossed by the PE, rigging and the very small decals I completed it tonight.
I hope you enjoy.
Bitzer
gbWhj0.jpg
wzRQxb.jpg
NAEPNW.jpg
0AhUgZ.jpg
qdAKl7.jpg
yQXr7V.jpg
JksQZN.jpg
ncAK8J.jpg
uRMq1P.jpg
YXvtZO.jpg
Edited by Bitzer
  • Like 20

Well done Bitzer. Great detail on a model that's only 9" long!

Seascape is beautiful.

Would be nice to see some bigger pictures so we can appreciate the fine detail.

Andy.

Great build. You wouldn't want to be standing on the little deck behind the front funnel when those missiles go off!

Do you have a thread somewhere about how you make the base? I'm getting (back) into ships and would like to make such a base.

That is really nice, the detail in painting you have achieved is quite amazing. Being no stranger to 1/700 scale I can attest to your undoubted skill! :thumbsup:

On 3/8/2018 at 5:26 PM, Bitzer said:

Andy, here are some close-ups

Aw thanks Bitzer.

Incredible work.

I can only imagine the effort required to make 1/700 scale look so big.

I would be pleased with that kind of detail at 1/144 scale.

Can't take my eyes off that seascape.

Andy.

Thank you bianfuxia, Paul and Andy. I've been a little sidelined due to a long awaited double lung transplant. The 16th is my 1 week anniversary. I am doing well and am expecting to be discharged sometime next week. It has been the toughest thing I have ever had to do, but I'm on the backside of it now.

I was working on the old Tamyia 1/700 Scharnhorst with the Z-37 with PE on a Baltic waterscape when I received the call. I'll get back to it as soon as I can.

Wow, a little sidelined - that sounds a bit of an understatement! Glad to hear you're doing well, it must have been quite an op. to go through! Good to know too that you're still thinking about modelling, I look forward to seeing the Scharnhorst on that cold Baltic sea....!! :thumbsup:

All the very best

Keith

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, shipclambake said:

Can you tell me what colors you used for the deck and hull of your ship?

Oh boy, that was a while ago. I would say it was it was either Model Master Medium Grey or Vallejo Medium Sea Grey but I'm just guessing.