Recently caught the modelling bug

pipthepilot

Hello Everyone,

My name is Philip and I love Aeroplanes, they have always been my passion in life which is why eight years ago I learnt to fly real ones.

Over Chrismas last year, I decided it would be fun to build a model Spitfire, so whilst learning from youtube videos and reading the forums on this site I completed my first model kit of a Mk.Vb. I was so pleased with my first attempt and enjoyed the process so much that I have built a few more since including a P-51, a De Havilland Mosquito and a Bf109. I find myself visiting Britmodeller quite often for research on aircraft and modelling techniques, so thought it would be only polite for me to signup, say hello and introduce myself. 

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb

g78oRrsEZZgzKIlpFrXuHS8Az73ebRvqe8il7V2z

Regards,

Philip

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

So you mean that this Spitfire is your first ever model? If so you seem to be a natural as you've done an excellent job on it.

Welcome to BM and hope to see many more of your models.

• Like 2

That's it! I'm gonna take up knitting. If that is you're first model, then there's no point in me continuing.

Very well done, Sir. I await further masterpieces.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your comments everyone. I'm really pleased you liked it, I see a lot of great modellers on the site with some really impressive builds so I was a little nervous showing my first attempt. I'm currently building a F6F Hellcat that I will post the progress as soon as I get some time. 

Philip, :welcome: to Britmodeller from Joe in the USA(SE Wisconsin). There is no cure; just keep on modelling. And, I have to concur with dogsbody and Hairtrigger; if that is your first effort; I need a new hobby. It is very impressive! You should take it to the Nationals(IPMS/UK), and, see their reactions! This is a great place; you will find these are the most generous people around. If you have a question, problem, need help; they are ready to provide it. I look forward to more builds, comments, and/or questions.

Joe