Error in 1/72 Revell Tiger I instructions 3116

Yorkshire man

Hi ,

I am building the above kit but  in the instructions it tells you to fit only 6 of part 19 around the sprocket and rear idler, this clearly wrong has anyone built this kit and can advise on the correct number of links to use.

P.S. just out of interest I ave just checked Revell Germany's instruction download site for the new release of this kit and although it now says 8 instead of 6 this is still not correct.

Edited by Yorkshire man
amendment

Hi,

it seems nobody as built this so in an experiment assembled the top run of tracks with masking tape and positioned them where they would go (NOT GLUED), then by adding the individual links until they met it appears the quantity of individual links is 9 NOT 6 as per the instructions, then glued the to section into position , et voila completed !

Maybe not all people know what the 'part 19' in a Tiger I Revell kit is? Especially as you don't even tell us which Revell Tiger kit you have. But it is nothing new that the track links can vary from the instruction and you figures out a result in the end :D

Edited by Soeren

• 3 weeks later...

I've built three of the Revell 1/72 Tigers.  The tracks take some fiddling to get right.  You just have to test first then glue.  The individual links do need clean up.