Noob from middle earth

Mikey-1980

Morning all!

Thought I'd better introduce myself as I've been looking on here for some time.

My name is Mike, currently residing in Stafford and a bit of an aviation nut.

I've been kit building since I was 13ish (now 37) and recently took it back up again.

I'm more Sci-Fi and Aviation orientated but I will have a go at anything if it catches my attention.

Built to date, but no pics as yet

1:100 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit)

Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser (Illuminated)

Battlestar Galactica  (re-imagined)

1:32 MKII Colonial Viper - Starbuck

1:32 MKVII Colonial Viper - Kat

1:350 Typhoon class Russian Sub

1:32 MK11a Spitfire - Commission build for a friend

*edit - forgot these

USS Defiant NX-74203 from Deep Space 9

X-Wing Star Fighter

Imperial Biker Scout on board an Imperial Speeder bike...as per Return of the Jedi

Currently in the stash to build...

AMT Ertl A-wing fighter

DeLorean time machine from BTTF 2

1:48 scale Mitsubishi AM6 Zero

1:100 USS Enterprise (TOS) with S.S Botany Bay

1:32 scale MKII Colonial Viper (to be illuminated)

1:48 PR.6 Canberra

Currently building a 1:48 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 which you can find in the build section.

Edited by Mikey-1980
  • Like 2

:welcome: aboard Mike from another Mike.  Your avatar pic is worryingly familiar, as I think we've got a couple of members with that exact pic as their avatar.  Entirely up to you if you want to change it or not though :)

• Like 1

haha,

cheers chaps! WOOF!!

I'm also on the SMA (Scale Model Addict) forum as well...though my avatar there is Jayne Cobb, the hero of Canton with his cunning hat.....I may change to that to keep continuity....In fact I'll do just that after this post.

Oh, I forgot...I also have on the go a 1:500 Scale JJ Abrams Enterprise as well.....Still figuring out the wire loom to light that bad boy up too.....Just lost a bit of interest in it at the moment....

There are a couple of kits I would absolutely love to build.....

Buck Rogers Starfighter (the original design for the 1978 BSG Colonial Viper no less)

Serenity - Firefly class freighter from the show Firefly. To my knowledge one has never been produced

1978 Battlestar Galactica

In time I guess these will happen

38 minutes ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Buck Rogers Starfighter (the original design for the 1978 BSG Colonial Viper no less)

Serenity - Firefly class freighter from the show Firefly. To my knowledge one has never been produced

I could be tempted by both those if anyone's listening that has the capability to arrange licensing, design work, injection moulding and so on :please:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I could be tempted by both those if anyone's listening that has the capability to arrange licensing, design work, injection moulding and so on :please:

The Buck Rogers starfighter is available I believe through an old Revell kit...IF you're lucky enough to find one...I did so a few years back at a model show in Crewe.....it was also with a Draconian Maraurder..but the chap wanted £100 each for the kits...at the time that was far too rich for me..... 

I did have a paper kit for Serenity somewhere...the thing was HUGE when completed...around 3ft in length.

In the mean time...... heres the link for a free PDF download

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/firefly.htm

Edited by Mikey-1980

There are also a couple of 3D printed Thunder Fighters on Shapeways, and a coupld of guys do resin kits, but none of them are what you'd call "budget offerings" :(

That is a... BIG paper model :S