RAF 100 Group Boeing B-17G Camouflage Scheme

RAL

We know that the 100 Group Boeing B-17s were finished in the RAF standard bomber colours of Dark Earth, Dark Green and Night with red codes but what was the camouflage pattern for the upper surfaces?  Did the pattern follow the standard RAF scheme for four engine aircraft e.g. Avro Lancaster or was a different scheme adopted for these aircraft?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

RAL (in the Antipodes)

Could you not just copy the instruction sheet camo pattern as per the recent Airfix Fortress Mk.III sheet? I’ve not read anywhere with this being incorrect. 

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Boeing-Fortress-MK.III.html

Cheers.. Dave

31 minutes ago, RAL said:

Did the pattern follow the standard RAF scheme for four engine aircraft e.g. Avro Lancaster or was a different scheme adopted for these aircraft?

pretty much.

@tonyot  did one recently

also

page 82 of this

51VEzext1nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

has a camo diagram,  there is a link to a pdf of it in the linked thread,  which has 30 pages of RAF 100 group B-17's

Troy linked me in on this post,.....so if it is any use I have replaced the missing Photobucket photos from my Fortress III post and here is the link;

38864352920_a159e3f406_k.jpg

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks, Dave, Troy and Tony.  Exactly what I needed re the camouflage scheme.  As I model in 1/48 scale, I didn't think o go looking for 1/72 scale information.

Cheers

Roger

• Like 3