great support from Special Hobby

WildeSau75

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say that Special Hobby really positively surprised me with their customer service.

I bought their 1/72 Vampire FB52 - a nice little kit - and managed to break one of the small parts. I did inform them about it and just about 10 days later, I got a little carton box with the whole sprue on which that one part was on.

No bill no nothing, just a quick reaction to a request for help and over-delivering on expectations. Really a pleasant experience.

And some weeks before I was asking about their further plans with the Vampire series. Being Swiss, I am mainly interested in the Mk.1 and the Mk.6 with the Pinocchio nose. I got very quickly a reply, telling me that the Vampire Mk.1 - with Swiss markings - is in the pipeline and that a Swiss Mk.6 is something they seriously think about. And maybe we even gone see a 1/72 Venom from them. I am aware of this being a coincidence that what I asked for is being thought over anyway by them, but the quick replies from them, their listening to their customers and a pleasant communication with them are just another example of their great customer service.

No, I neither work for Special Hobby, nor own shares of them - I am just a happy customer :-).

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by WildeSau75
  • Like 8

I can also vouch for Special Hobby. When the He115 was released they realised the floats were wrong so remoulded them. I arrived at the stand at SMW with the wrong bits to swop and not only did they tell me to keep them because they may be useful but they were opening kits to get the new floats as more people had requested them than had given them advance notice.

They do some lovely stuff and are getting better all the time. So they deserve every success in my book too.

• Like 1

Have to agree, a resin part (cannot recall ATM which one exactly) was missing from a 1/72 Buffalo kit I bought.

I sent them an email, I received the replacement within a week, and without any charges of course ...

That's a very comforting service

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Special Hobby service. I picked the CASA 212 up at Telford to find the windscreen missing when I got home, following an e-mail the complete sprue arrived in the post. Top team.