1:72 Airfix BAC TSR.2

52 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Wait, I could get a bigger display case!   :)

Looks like a great idea to me :)

She did turn out great in the end, Bill :clap: And so did your pics

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Having followed the Build, I can only say this was a real treat to see it all come together and your workaround solutions and modelling skills, a great job and a truly fantastic result  :penguin:

• Thanks 1

As I'm a man of my word, I'll describe it as sublime. Those canopies still get me, with the wonderful bronze tint to the glass. It's so neat and tidy, and the finish is beautiful. One wonders what the operational name would have been for the TSR2, and what a dozen of them would have looked like parked on the ramp at Nellis for Red Flag in the 70s, or 80s...

Justin

Beautiful work Navy Bird and a great addition to your display case - it would be a shame to put any of your models in storage so go get an additional display case!

CJP

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bedders said:

Those canopies still get me, with the wonderful bronze tint to the glass. It's so neat and tidy, and the finish is beautiful. One wonders what the operational name would have been for the TSR2, and what a dozen of them would have looked like parked on the ramp at Nellis for Red Flag in the 70s, or 80s...

Thanks! I tried to replicate the gold film that was used on the real canopies by mixing Gunze Clear Yellow and Clear Orange. If you look close enough, you'll see some swirls in the finish - either I didn't mix them together good enough or they started to separate in my airbrush cup. Whatever it was, wifey says there was some smoke coming out of my ears. I decided to leave it the way it was, and not strip it off and possibly mess it up even more.

Looking at the TSR.2 head-on, it has that "bird of prey" look. I always though a name taken from any of the raptors would have been good, but I don't think bombers were named after birds. In the books I've read, there are no mentions of any proposed names. I'm sure they would have been VERY impressive in service.

Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments. I truly appreciate them.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Those pics look lovely to me Bill, as does the model in them! Your usual stunning work!

For some reason I managed to completely miss your build thread for this one, so shall have a read tomorrow!

Keith

• Like 1

Having just seen the RFI before the last of your WIP I feel guilty now, like I've been caught looking at the last page of a book. Guilt be damned though, its nothing short of brilliant Bill & that's just on my phone, you photos appear to be pretty darn good too, I'm sure they'll be mind blowing on a wind screen monitor. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Another educational and entertaining WiP leading to another beautiful Navy Bird model.

Thanks for sharing Bill, a superb, realistic result after all your usual attention to detail. :worthy:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Well, there she is. Unfortunately, I don't think she will fit in my display case unless I send some other models to long-term storage. Wait, I could get a bigger display case!  

Beautiful model and beautiful machine as well.

Please make an extra display case - do not kill old models...:)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2