Missing kit part?

RichyDunn

Hi folks. I need help with regards to the Drangon 1/35 Panther A late type, kit no. 6168. It’s to do with the hull mounted MG. The instructions call these parts M25 and M26, and the image shows the ball and MG, however the parts on the sprues don’t match the image. I actually can’t find an MG on any of the sprues at all, even the overview of the contents does not match what I have in the box for those parts. Anyone else had this problem? Not really sure what to do now as it’s going to look daft with an empty MG ball on the hull?

Edited by RichyDunn

Hi jack, thanks for the reply. I definitely don't have a J sprue, but looking at your instructions they are the parts I need. The only parts I have are M25 and M26. Looking at my sprue layout on the front page of the instructions, the sprue M I have looks different to the one pictured. The one that is pictured has half of the MG ball moulded into the front armour plate, whereas the one included in my kit just has a round hole in it the same as the one pictured in your instructions. Could this have been a cock up at the factory?

Looks like you need to contact Dragon's customer service site, unless you can return the kit to the shop.  I've used their parts service myself some years back, and although it was slow, they did eventually arrive :)

Hi mike, I don't think returning the kit to the shop is an option as I've already made the wheels and back plate etc. I'm a bit confused as to what parts to request though. How do I contact dragon? Have things improved with their customer service recently? I heard a couple of years back that it was a nightmare getting parts?

It is odd, but even reviews make no mention of the missing hull mg - they seem to be enamored with the new ball mount Dragon created and overlooked the fact their is no machine gun available to mount?

Here is the parts trees from kit no. 6168:

10028503z7.jpg

... and the parts from kit 6358:

10052889z7.jpg

regards,

Jack

Hi jack, thanks for posting those two parts trees, I can see exactly what has happened now. I have sprue M from kit 6358. I am 100% certain on that. Looks like I'll have to take it up with dragon then. Or would The Hobby Company be able to help as they're the distributors here in the UK?

out of interest jack, can I ask where you got those parts tree diagrams from?

thanks so much for posting them, they've been a big help.

27 minutes ago, JackG said:

It is odd, but even reviews make no mention of the missing hull mg

As someone that does reviews fairly regularly, it's easy to miss something like that when there's a plethora of sprues, and even if you do spot it, it could just be a one-off. :shrug: That said, my issue was missing tyres off a Panzer IV, and IIRC it appears that was widespread, but not picked up on in reviews too.

M26 should be the exterior barrel section, a really small piece as seen in the parts layout diagram.  The only other MG part I notice is the ammo bag part P8.   So doesn't appear to include anything to make the portion of the mg that sits inside the vehicle.

The links posted are from here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10028503

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

I think according to the instructions on my model, one part should be the complete ball section, then the other is the barrel that looks like it just pushes into the hole. I can't quite know for sure as I don't have the right bits 😢

I see what you are saying.  If the whole M sprue is incorrect, then that also means you don't have the correct parts to make the late A version, as that tree also included the the later mantlet and front glacis plate?

Hope Dragon comes through for you.  If not, I know at least the after market has turned brass machine gun barrel for the bow.

regards,

Jack

Hi

Go via Gemma at the hobby company - she's been very helpful for me in the past.

Never had any luck with Dragon's after sales even when there was a part missing from a still sealed sprue.

All the best

Ben

Just a bit of an update on the situation. To cover all bases I've emailed Hannants (where I bought the kit), the hobby co and also dragon care. The only response I've had has been from dragon. There has been a few exchanged emails, the language barrier clearly causing some issues, but they have said they will send out a new sprue and that I should receive it in 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed they send out the correct sprue!

• Like 1