DIORAMAS I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD

Getunderit

Show us an image, or just describe in words, a diorama you would like to see built.

Please do NOT post pictures of dioramas already built.

This is just a thread for inspiration for those who like to build dioramas.

Here is one I would like to build:

The painting scene is quite dramatic, especially with all the lights.

17KpYag.jpg

• Like 3

Im building the plane now up in the WIP area. 

fYVwDlj.jpg

Id love to be able to do a 2’ x 2’ Base similar to pose all my SWPA Theatre builds (Corsairs, P-39’s, P-40’s, B-25’s, A-20’s, and Hellcats) for photo’s. Maybe with a rough built Structure to serve as a shop as well. 

Dennis

🔺- This photo used for informational use only. All ownership rights belong to the original owners. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

An elephant towing a FAA Vought Corsair past palm trees.  I have seen photos of this and think it would look quite different..

Found something similar.

Adding palm trees would make a nice touch.

Nu84pFF.jpg

Edited by Getunderit
  • Like 3

Sinking ship, giant squid attack, and the arc of the covenant. Are your completed dioramas as varied and interesting?

4 hours ago, Ted said:

Sinking ship, giant squid attack, and the arc of the covenant. Are your completed dioramas as varied and interesting?

I am still working on my first diorama. Because it is for a maritime museum, its theme is restricted to their requirements. However, they trust that any drama added to their diorama will be done with prudence. So I have some liberation in that respect.

Future dioramas will be as varied and interesting as I have posted. Why not, none of them are impossible to immitate.

• Like 1

I've wanted to build a dio based on the Blue Oyster Cult Secret Treaties album cover. Not sure what scale would be best.

R-2588437-1448051266-6206_jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ted said:

I've wanted to build a dio based on the Blue Oyster Cult Secret Treaties album cover. Not sure what scale would be best.

Lovely sketch.

In my humble opinion, I suppose the scale would depend on what part of the bio you want to highlight. If it is the figures, or characters of the book, then it would depend on what scale can the figures be created to ones own satisfaction. 

One diorama I hope to build - if I can find sufficient reference material - is the scene of the German gas attack on the British at the Yser Canal, 3rd July 1915. I believe my paternal grandfather was there with the Somerset Light Infantry on that evening. He had evidently lied about his age (in order to qualify for immediate deployment overseas); he survived being gassed in the attack, although his injuries necessitated being repatriated back to the UK. He was eventually invalided out 4 days after his true 18th birthday in January 1916. Ironically, being gassed probably saved his life, given that his regiment was one of those at the Somme 6 months later.

• Like 5

A couple of Diorama ideas I've had. First one is to build a 1:32 Sopwith Pup on its launch ramp on the turret of HMS Repulse. I actually plan to do this and I would also build most of the turret as well.

I would also love to do HMS Rodney sailing under the Forth Bridge which would be a size even in 1:700

• Like 3

Heres one im slowly working on in the background. Its the 8th Air Force Fighter Command weekly meeting with all the Squadron CO’s or Exec. Ofcr’s. SpyLdID.jpg

Jl3iAFc.jpg

Pictures are courtesy of Wikipedia eventually it will be on a 4’ x 8’ sheet of Plywood with 11 P-51’s, 4 P-47’s, 1 P-38, a control tower and various ground vehicles/equipment. 

Dennis

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

it will be on a 4’ x 8’ sheet of Plywood with 11 P-51’s, 4 P-47’s, 1 P-38, a control tower and various ground vehicles/equipment. 

I would very much like to see that when it's done.

Are your nearly there yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Getunderit said:

Someone suggested this image for a diorama.

I think it could be quite awesome.

Now that would be good.

I've got that album. In fact I have that album four times - the full version on LP and CD and the highlights on LP and CD.

I must like it.

• Like 2