Revell Porsche 918 Spyder

This kit is really good fun to put together (and quite good fun to chop up and take apart too :D ).

Plenty of nice details I just didn't want to stay hidden. The middle section is fixed, front and back just slot on.

Finished in Alclad Emerald Green topped with Klear Kote Gloss.

Everything not green is a mix of Alclads Polished Aluminium, Steel and their black primer.

Minimal decals cos they weren't stickng too good and I'm not a massive fan of too many badges on cars anyway. :)

psx 7219

psx 7225psx 7224psx 7230psx 7231psx 7236psx 7243

• Like 13

If I'd followed the destructions and fitted the bodywork the way Revell say I'd have thought it was crap too. Them big wheel arches mean you can't get the top back off to admire the internal stuff. 

As it is only the "carbon" decals we're utter garbage so got left out and replaced with plain black primer. :D

Thanks, I've only just done it and want to have a go at another!!! :D

I'm thinking a proper job on the air intakes and exhausts to make the full Concept Car version.

Now if I could track down a Haynes Manual for it that would make me very happy. :)

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 01:31, nikkita katana said:

psx 7243

Really nice - BUT - you need a personalised registration on it - N1 KKI maybe ;)

• Like 2

On 6.3.2018 at 19:17, Fastcat said:

Great colour and a really good build.

Nice one!

I fully agree! Great result of what (to my knowledge) is a not-so-nice-to-build Revell kit. Great choice of colour, too.

Reminds me quite a bit of Porsche's Amazonas (green) metallic... :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

Great result of what (to my knowledge) is a not-so-nice-to-build Revell kit.

Can't recall any kind of major build problems, perhaps making it in the 3 sections helped there.

The idea of fitting the headlights after the front bumper was fixed certainly made more sense to me since the joint seam would have been straight across the middle of them.

My issue there would be with Porsche though, not Revell. :D

• 1 month later...