Heller DC10

Dear all, does anyone have any experience with the Heller DC10 kit, and would be willing to comment on the kit. Furthermore, does anyone know any aftermarket decals for this kit, or do you just have to buy a 1 144 decal set and hope for the best?

All replies appreciated

BetaSingh

Hi Betasingh,

There are 6 from Draw Decal I've ordered from Greg before, ans thoroughly recommend his service. He is one of the best.

I built the kit about 30 years ago, but can't remember mush about it! That might be a good thing as I am sure I would remember if it had been a bad kit!

Cheers

John

One other thing - I saw Hannants giving a good deal on two kits, the E190 in Air Canada colours and the F100 in Austrian, both by Welsh models. May anyone shed any light on either kit as I don't really have any experience with vac-form, but I want to know which one would (in one's humble opinion) be the better kit. 

Regards

BetaSingh

Dear all, does anyone have any experience with the Heller DC10 kit, and would be willing to comment on the kit. Furthermore, does anyone know any aftermarket decals for this kit, or do you just have to buy a 1 144 decal set and hope for the best?

It is not one of Heller's best airliner kits.

I bought one a few years ago now, and after taking it home and looking it over, I took it back and exchanged it for something else.

From memory, Heller's DC-10 kit (and decals) generally lack detail and has a few little shape issues.

Here's what one guy is doing to fix up his example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/34441469@N07/sets/72157625964744410/with/5411536905/

Cheers!