Fokker F.II - Modified Classic Plane vacuform, 1/72nd scale

The long road to convert this kit into a somewhat decent model was nevertheless fun to walk.

26710733658_88d9cfbbe0_b.jpg

The step-by-step build is here in Britmodeller:

39687814075_1acc429150_b.jpg

In the world of vacuum-formed kits -as in any other-, there are good things and no so good things. This kit tends to belong to the latter category. But hey, it is a kit of a civil plane! not much of those abound!

However, I appreciated the opportunity to flex the modeling muscle provided by the gift of fellow modeler Luis Santos, to whom I once again express my gratitude.

You can see all about the making of model using the link provided above.

Arctic Decals made the necessary items to finish this model (this kit has no decals).

This was a plane that was adapted as an experimental machine, carrying instruments and external probes; and it can be seen in photos with two or four main wheels, and slight variations of the rigs it wore about it.

Thanks to Peter in the Netherlands from Britmodeller who provided the color clue as dark blue.

I am really surprised that no good kits of the Fokker F.II and F.III do exist, while there are hundreds of arch-known iterations of the same-old-same-old.

F.II and F.III were very significant transports used by many countries and airlines, and could be released in almost infinite variations changing just noses and window arrangements. They are simple enough and just by doing an Internet search you could fill volumes. The liveries are invariably attractive, from elegant to showy. What else could you ask for?

Any adventurous manufacturer out there?

38772211600_74bbe65ea3_b.jpg

38772159940_0d66b3c2f6_b.jpg

39875354804_4a00fd72e2_b.jpg

38772212540_98e7f56b1f_b.jpg

39691256365_4b9e2b2bb2_b.jpg

38772159240_6db457cc38_b.jpg

38772159590_8378df9379_b.jpg

39871851774_8de2e116a8_b.jpg

39871851974_464db3aaa8_b.jpg

38772159010_119e492d9c_b.jpg

• Like 31

Possibly the best model photography I’ve ever come across. The subject matter has also been beautifully reproduced which just enhances this collection of amazing images. 

The high quality of modelling on this forum these days is just reaching unbelievable heights. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modelling perfection! Unusual subject, beautifully built, great colour scheme, civil machine, vacform. Yes that ticks all the right boxes!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

I can only agree to what was said above by everyone.

Sadly from the fascinating Fokker F series by far too many are missing as kits.

We have the F.VII in several reincarnations but that's it mostly

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Courageous said:

Lovely work Moa :yes:. What's next on you list in the WiP?

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Still as WiP threads are the Mitsubishi SM-1 (converted K3M3) and the Caproni C.310, both in civil guise. The Caproni is just waiting for its decals, which should be arriving in a couple weeks, the Mitsubishi is in the priming/rigging floats stage.

But in a couple days I will be hopefully uploading the Barkley-Grow T8P-1 Execuform vacufomed 1/72 WiP. We'll see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Moa,

Finally, I had the opportunity to react. ;)

You made a very good model of the Fokker F.II, impressive!

Later, Classic Plane made a resin version of this model, which I have in the stash.

if you allow, I would like to order the same decal set at Arctic Models to enable me to build it as the PH-RSL.

Cheers,

Peter