28mm British and Zulu figures

Next project on the go,Warlord Black Powder kits,one is 24 British Infantry and the other is 32 Zulu Unmarried regiment,(wife asked why unmarried Zulus,I said they looked the happiest,No dinner that night:D),Cheers.

tn_ba8e380b-e11d-4950-ace7-e0096d71e0a3.tn_80528cf5-93c8-4e92-8020-11afdf70f21e.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Next project on the go,Warlord Black Powder kits,one is 24 British Infantry and the other is 32 Zulu Unmarried regiment,(wife asked why unmarried Zulus,I said they looked the happiest,No dinner that night:D)

:lol::clap2: Nice one Jim, I would have given the same answer, and got the same response! 

Looking forward to seeing these come together :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FredG said:

Zulu-Screencap-michael-caine-2662264-570

Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead: Sixty! We dropped at least 60, wouldn't you say?

Adendorff: That leaves only 3,940.

Thanks Fred,don't think I will paint that many,Did you know that all regiments were instructed by Lord Chelmsford to remove helmet badges and dye the helmets khaki brown,so the movie had the wrong colours,and you just thought I was a pretty face:D,Cheers.

28 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Did you know that all regiments were instructed by Lord Chelmsford to remove helmet badges and dye the helmets khaki brown,so the movie had the wrong colours,and you just thought I was a pretty face:D,Cheers.

iIs it not also true that  helmet plates have been found at Isandlwana showing that not all troops were without them. ;)

• Thanks 1

Have just about finished the British infantry,just have to give them a wash to pick out some detail,have a pic of one of the Zulus that I have some paint on,they look so good much better detail than the British Infantry,Cheers

tn_466fe8de-193f-46a1-8e1a-d6197e776af9.tn_c9bcd590-cd83-42d7-bc5a-dc217657ce03.tn_a815c821-ea00-4a85-b458-27789cec9d17.tn_4d943e6f-fe3f-44c7-b871-413adb162123.

Edited by Jim Wasley
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, clive_t said:

Looking good Jim :thumbsup2:

Thanks Clive,am looking forward to painting the Zulus,they have so much more face detail and smaller parts to paint,and there body muscles are so defined hope I can do them justice,Cheers.

Great stuff.....Just seventeen and a half more boxes of Zulus and your ratios should be about right!  :P

I've got a bunch of Perry Miniatures 28mm ACW stuff I've been prevaricating over for a while.....I'll try to draw inspiration from your work and get my finger out.  :blush:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Great stuff.....Just seventeen and a half more boxes of Zulus and your ratios should be about right!  :P

I've got a bunch of Perry Miniatures 28mm ACW stuff I've been prevaricating over for a while.....I'll try to draw inspiration from your work and get my finger out.  :blush:

Thanks,I think I might take Freds idea and use mirrors:D,Cheers.

• Haha 1

Have the Zulus finer detail on all the clothing(or lack of) and their weapons,just about up to scratch,now the hard part(for me anyway) painting their faces,I have one I'm almost happy with,this is going to take me sometime to finish all,just wanted to let you know I have not slacked off,heat wave conditions down here hard to concentrate ,be glad to see Winter,Cheers for now.

tn_525b3673-a2ed-4330-ac89-ab492ed92f46.tn_7eeca5db-3eda-4827-bb93-42ba52cfd152.tn_4b23f0e9-ab49-4988-bcc5-ea7b82b385b0.

• Like 2

I'd cheerfully swap your summer with our Spring at the moment Jim! Snow today, again - almost unheard of on the south coast of England!

Nice work on the Zulus mate, they don't look in the mood to negotiate do they!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clive_t said:

I'd cheerfully swap your summer with our Spring at the moment Jim! Snow today, again - almost unheard of on the south coast of England!

Nice work on the Zulus mate, they don't look in the mood to negotiate do they!

Thanks Clive,yes think I would have my running shoes on seeing these guys on a full charge.Shame we can not meet half way with our weather,Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Have you seen these Jim:

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=3643&osCsid=mhernjbng66s8rm2dmdgfochr7

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=3770&osCsid=mhernjbng66s8rm2dmdgfochr7

I've got a couple of hundred Perry ACW plastics and they are possibly the nicest warganing figures I ever bought (especially at the price).....Strange that Perry's metal stuff looks so rough by comparison.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Have you seen these Jim:

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=3643&osCsid=mhernjbng66s8rm2dmdgfochr7

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=3770&osCsid=mhernjbng66s8rm2dmdgfochr7

I've got a couple of hundred Perry ACW plastics and they are possibly the nicest warganing figures I ever bought (especially at the price).....Strange that Perry's metal stuff looks so rough by comparison.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info(I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.I did not know I had a reply) Yes I did know this site as I bought some Sudan lead figures from them,which I was not impressed with,so it put me off any Perry products,but while on line did see some fine examples of their plastic figures,so I took the chance and bought their kit the Agincourt Foot Knights 1415-1429,glad I did they have nice detail,the box comes with 36 figures,I hope to brake them up into 2 halves,some French and the other British,thanks again Best regards Jim.