CO-CO Diesel Loco dimensions required

Hi All, I am looking for a co-co diesel loco in HO/OO that has roughly the following dimensions - centre-centre of axles in each bogie around 23-27mm and total distance between outer axles of whole loco around 153mm - Could I ask anyone who has diesel locos (any country I am only going to use the chassis for a scratchbuilt body) to check their locos to see if any come close please. 

The plan is to build a Rhodesia Railways DE1 loco in Sn42 (Sn3.5) - many thanks

Wayne

40533831302_9ddc0ebfaa_k.jpgRhod Rwys DE1 p01 by Wayne, on Flickr

39681637445_5ad6f925ba_k.jpgRhod Rwys DE1 p02 by Wayne, on Flickr

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh crumbs! That ambitious and an ask! As it doesn't matter what it is because it's only a donor, it's not really about the prototype dimensions so much as the model ones- suddenly all those inaccurate models come into their own.

I think I'd start with a Dapol Deltic repop or an old 'Hornby' Cl 47 and attack it with a baby hacksaw! I guess you'll be doing such major surgery that you might as well start with anything, oh and a wholesale account for plastrut.

I salute you (which means I'm not brave enough) but I'd follow this with interest in you undertake it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not have any dimensions but I do know that the East German electric loco class DR250 (Now classified as BR155 under DB ownership) have an asymmetric Co-Co bogie arrangement. There are models in HO by Roco and Gutzold.

Hope this might help.

• Like 1