Mirage F1 cockpit colour query

rs2man

Gents

I was under the impression that the Mirage F1 cockpit was black , but I've just started the Hasegawa kit & the instructions say "aircraft grey" .  Can anyone enlighten me ? 

While we're on the subject , can anyone also advise on the cockpit colours for the Mirage IIIC & IIIE ? 

As always , any assistance is greatly appreciated .

John Green 

Nantwich , Cheshire 

All of the Mirage F1 cockpit photos that I saw were in black- although in some photos they appeared  a very dark grey, I think because of the use of a flash or the fact that over time the "tooth" of flat black paint fades to a very dark grey color, sort of like a tire or NATO black. The only Mirage III cockpit photos I saw that  weren't also black were Swiss Mirage III RS versions, which had a grey-green cockpit color. I'm no expert on French lawn darts, so hopefully somebody will have a more definite answer. In which country's air force are you doing your Mirages? That might make a difference on the cockpit color.

Mike

AFAIK, and believe me, I've had the chance to see them closely, the Spanish Air Force Mirages (both F1 and III), had very dark, almost black cockpits, as said by Mike...... maybe a dark grey will do the work in a scale model. 

Cheers....