from a double monarchy to caudillo-land?

recently  I completed [more or less] two bi-planes from the ww1-era. a hansa brandenburg d-1 in 1/72, made by eastern models,painted in phantasy colours [not so easy to build as I expected ,the struts may look not too difficult ,but it took ME  quite some time to get it right ,more or less ,the next one will be easier and there will be a next one!] and a hanriot hd-1 which still needed ,on the moment the photographer was available, some fine tuning like rigging or a small drop of paint on the right spot.   the hanriot hd-1 is a resin kit in 1/72 from hr models [bought on ebay for about ten euro's, postage included] and is not perfect , at least that is how I feel about it.  it was a delicate and therefore difficult kit ,a brittle kit . I read somewhere that some time about 1920  paraguay had bought at least one of those type of aircraft [was it the beginning of their airforce maybe?],but I  could not find even one single photo of it on the internet.in this way it became a freestyle paraguay project. I decided to use a lot of red white and blue ,their national colours . the result might have become an "one of a kind" aircraft. it is not impossible, but I would be a little surprised if a second example of this plane in this colours could be found somewhere ,even not in paraguay itself! the fuselage of the brandenburg was painted with oil-paint from a tube [?] [like toothpaste, tube is a correct word if I can trust google?]. the red blue and white on the hanriot came from bluerider decals ,you are supposed to use it on sopwith camels, which flew coloured like that for the training schools,several different schemes are available at blue rider's website. the paraguay star roundel comes from blue rider too ,from their chaco war series [two sets: bolivian and paraguayan roundels etc]     tFxa3tm.jpg   and   B8tGbmS.jpg   and   RbuJLzt.jpg   and    7FTERaI.jpg  and   RbuJLzt.jpg   till the next one ,in spring-time/weather/temperatures I hope!

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
cancelled an i in caudiilllo
  • Like 6

Hi there,

well, your take on world war one vintage planes is interesting, to say the least!

I like unorthodox people and you sure fit in this category. I cannot say I approve wholeheartedly with your choice of colors, but that's just me.

You sure have chutzpah!

Well done

JR

thank you all for your extremely friendly and very encouraging +ego-boosting remarks! and I see the felixstowe[ from roden] ,isn't it?...she is in the house here ....red/white decals are in the house too [hand-painted possibly one bridge too far considering the lifephase I'm in.,someone did it ,I've seen it on the internet somewhere...], courage to begin that beauty however is still failing at the moment....right now I am in dubio -as always just before beginning a new built- which one will become my new project,the luedemann taube is very tempting to me at the moment , or a choroszy friedrichshafen in LVA=1st dutch airforce colours [https://www.ipms.nl/artikelen/nedmil-luchtvaart/vliegtuigen-f/vliegtuigen-f-friedrichshafen-g3]. but maybe it still is a little bit too ambitious right now and would I be better off  to continue excercising  my more simple +basic building skills. nevertheless ,I feel confident enough to start the taube from luedemann and build an acceptable piece out of it ,I feel I could do that one., patience and concentration will do the trick here I think .I tried to order the luedemann 1/72 macchi m-3 [if I remember the number rightly] flying boat -for the paraguayan army in the chaco war-,but the moulds seem to be broken ,only in september probably back on sale.. pictures in the link show what may be made from that taube kit ,and most of these luedemann&classicplane kits are quite affordable [ http://www.classic-plane-mrr.de/index_e.html  look under "kataloge"  at the extreme left side of the screen. lots of very nice+special non-mainstream  kits]  here the great+ magnificent taube:   ..http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1341410075/Luedemann+Resin-   17.45 hour now ,friday ,time for beer!enjoy your weekends too ,all of you!

lI suddenly get some music in my ears+brains....             People said "Beware"
But I don't care

Their words are just rules and regulations to me
Me ....................................................................................... I walk in a room
You know I look so proud
I move in this here atmosphere where
Anything's allowed
And I go to this here party
And I just get bored
Until I look out the window, see a ????????