Revell Aqua SILVER - Substitute to Alclad?

AdriaN (MLT)

Recently i bought Revell Acrylic Silver and found it looks very different to their enamel. When i mix it, it becomes almost like 'foil'.
I have not tried airbrushing it yet!...
I am about the spray a polished aluminum model but my Alclad Polished Alum. has finished, and was wondering if this Silver is a good alternative, for a polished finish???

I think it’s about the best acrylic silver to brush paint imho. Ive tried airbrushing it once and I wouldn’t say that it’s as convincing as Alclad especially if you’re after a polished look.

Please post up some pics of your result, I’d be very interested to see them.

James

4 hours ago, sapperastro said:

Vallejo metal color is very, very good for a brush painted silver/aluminium/insert metal colour. I use either when I am acrylic painting.

Thanks for the suggestion about vallejo. But i am not going to brush paint!

20 hours ago, franky boy said:

I think it’s about the best acrylic silver to brush paint imho. Ive tried airbrushing it once and I wouldn’t say that it’s as convincing as Alclad especially if you’re after a polished look.

Please post up some pics of your result, I’d be very interested to see them.

James

Ive brush painted the revell enamel and its also quite good. at first it looks bad, but when the particles settle.. it comes out nicely. Same with the acrylic.
I will try a 'test spray'  with the new acrylic.

Vallejo Metal Color is actually designed for airbrushing, but as is the case with many 'airbrush only' paints (eg, Vallejo model air brushes better than model color, especially across large surfaces) it brushes excellently too.