Zee Flying Pencil!

Hi everyone! Here is my completed 1/72 Airfix Do-17Z. Overall, I consider it a nice kit and fun build. Just make sure you do a lot of test-fitting, especially the cockpit! I used True Details wheels and Eduard seatbelts. MRP paints were used to finish the kit. Also used the Eduard masks...don't build this without them! LOL This was my first attempt at doing some post-shading...what do you guys think? I used MRP Smoke and Engine Soot from their clear line. Thanks for looking!

resized_ab6f3cb1-48a1-4aa3-83fc-08caacb4

resized_9c938e6a-94bb-47b1-afee-56862db8

resized_adf8bd38-df04-4d29-af74-b211a945

resized_cc178b86-3fc4-42cb-b75f-d35a5ec7

resized_262df20b-fcac-4e9c-bdf6-50d977a3

• Like 64
  • Thanks 1

Viperchief,

Beautiful Do-17! Best I have seen in the scale, and the new-tool Airfix kit looks to be outstanding. I think your representation of the 70/71/65 colors is right on, as well as your very subtle weathering and scuffing. One minor point that would take this outstanding build up one more notch would be to droop the ailerons slighty- IIRC on the Do-17/Do-215/Do-217, the ailerons drooped when the flaps were extended. Hard to find photos of any of the Do's that show the flaps /ailerons down at rest, though. Hopefully somebody can confirm or correct me. A lot of German designs used aileron droop with flap extension, including  Bf-109's. Your pencil is pretty darned sharp (pun intended!) nonetheless!

Mike

• Like 2

Truly magnificent.  If that were on a nice grass diorama you would be hard pushed to think it was an actual model.  Great colours and weathering.

Phil

• Like 2