Hello from the Highlands!

KnightoftheSky

Hi,

I have been modelling since I was about 8, starting on old Matchbox and Airfix kits, built with just a tube of glue and a knife!

I build armour and aircraft kits, but unfortunately I am not able to model as much as I would like, due to health reasons. I use the downtime to research subjects and find reference photos and builds online, ready for when I am able to do some modelling.

Looking forward to completing some kits, airbrushing and putting all the techniques I have found into practice!

Regards,

Tim

• Like 1

Hello Tim ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from the USA. I have a friend thats lucky if he glues one piece on a week. So i say build at whatever pace you are able to with any health issues you have. Take your time learning new techniques id say one per build. Less chance of frustration. You will learn and Master techniques faster and more enjoyably that way. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Welcome to the madness Tim! I am averaging one model a year at the moment, and I imagine there are others on here who would regard that as prolific! No pressure, just do what you feel and share the progress with us, it's all good :)

:welcome:, Tim, and, :welcome: to Britmodeller, I am complete agreement with the others about building at your own pace. There are a lot of people here who live in your part of the world; and, an awful lot who live elsewhere. Either way, it is a great place to be, and, visit. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I grew up in the same area as Dennis above. You will find this site is a goldmine. These are the most generous people around. They are always ready to share their knowledge, advice, and, help in whatever way that they can. If they don't know the answer; they can often point you to where you can/could find it. I look forward to your builds, questions, and/or comments. Most important: Have fun!

Joe